UNDP's Social and Environmental Standards - Get Involved
UNDP is pleased to invite comments and feedback on a revision of our Social and Environmental Standards (SES) during an open comment period from May 1-31, 2019.
The current update of the SES is necessary to incorporate insights from relevant evaluations and lessons learned and to maintain alignment of the SES with other UNDP policies and procedures as well as key normative frameworks and evolving best practice. Key changes include: a new standard on labour and working conditions as well as new and/or strengthened provisions on leaving no one behind, the rights of persons with disabilities, gender-based violence, climate impacts and disaster risks, risks to ecosystems, displacement and resettlement, and risks of reprisals.
Your ideas and suggestions on how to make the SES more effective will help to strengthen the social and environmental sustainability of UNDP programming.
We kindly request your inputs to help us ensure that our updated standards:
- Respond to the needs of those we aim to help;
- Are relevant and practical given experience with implementation; and
- Are consistent with best practices.
Following this open comment period, your inputs will be taken into consideration in a revised version that will be presented to UNDP management for endorsement.
Please send all questions and feedback to the SES team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments requested by May 31, 2019.
Sign Up to Receive Updates
Fill out the form below to receive periodic updates:
Help Spread the Word
Adoption and launch of the Social and Environmental Standards and accompanying Accountability Mechanism was an important milestone for UNDP. A crucial next step is ensuring that impacted communities, governments, and other implementing partners understand and adhere to the SES, and are clear about the multiple options the Accountability Mechanism offers to communities and individuals for resolving concerns and grievances.
- What are YOUR ideas for spreading the word globally about the SES, SECU and SRM?
- What information and materials do you need from UNDP to help reach out to communities and other partners?
- What networks or organizations can serve as partners in spreading the word?
- Who else should receive information or participate in outreach activities?
Contact Us With Questions and Feedback
- Social and Environmental Standards (SES) team: email@example.com
- Social and Environmental Compliance Unit (SECU): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stakeholder Response Mechanism (SRM): email@example.com
We welcome your ideas and feedback at any time!