Innovative Solutions for Improved Access to Services at Local Level
The project ensures that the Ministry of Local Self -Government as coordinator and monitoring authority of the decentralization process in the country enable citizens oriented local governance.
The project aims to improve vertical and horizontal accountability, transparency, as well as to provide innovative concepts for better access to services and participatory governance.
- The Ministry of Local Self-Government is trained to communicate in a systematic manner using a web-based e-platform with the citizens, civil society organizations, municipalities, local communities and line ministries.
- The portal with an e-catalogue of procedures for local services at the pilot municipality (Gostivar) is fully functional and available to all citizens.
- All 81 local self-government units have preconditions to make progress in providing e-services at a local level.
- Inter-municipal cooperation (IMC) at policy and operational practice level has been improved.
- Analytical documentation has been developed regarding the possibilities of the centers for development of the Vardar and East planning regions to deliver services inter-regionally to the private sector, academia and citizens.
- The basis for implementation of the 2015-2020 Programme for Sustainable Local Development and Decentralisation has been improved overall.
- Potentials for rural tourism development in the planning regions have been identified and mapped, as basis for future projects in rural tourism development.
United Nations Development Programme
GOVERNMENT OF NORTH MACEDONIA
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Building Municipal Capacity for Project Implementation
The project aims at supporting the municipalities in the country to make full use of the funds available from the central government, the European Union (EU), int...
Empowering municipal councils
The project aims to empower municipal councils to become more effective and autonomous bodies, better able to withstand the executive’s influence, by properly ful...
Improving municipal governance
The project aims to improve people’s lives by helping municipal governments to secure the funds and develop the skills they need to deliver high-quality public se...
Regional Programme on Local Democracy in the Western Balkans 2 (ReLOaD2)
The Regional Programme on Local Democracy in the Western Balkans 2 (ReLOaD2) aims to strengthen participatory democracies and European Union integration processes...