UNDP onboards Youth Catalysts for Climate Action
May 22, 2023
United Nations Development Programme in Nepal has onboarded 20 young people as Youth Climate Catalysts. The young people aged 18-29 years were selected through open call and based on their best climate solutions.
The youth climate catalysts (YCC) will be initiating different climate actions in their respective municipalities (see below the list of municipalities). The YCC is part of UNDP’s Integrated Environment and Climate Resilience Planning (ICRP) /Climate Promise project, funded by SIDA (Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency) which aims to enhance leadership and technical capacities of young people and help expand their network to act as climate catalyst for leading effective policy advocacy, identifying green solutions and scaling up climate actions at the community level.
The YCC will be working with local governments to implement their ideas to fight climate change through the onset of various programmemes and action-oriented approaches. The programmeme recognizes the power of youth as agent of change for scaling up climate actions spelt out in national strategies and policies and prioritizes investing for enhancing youth’s capacity and coordination to harness their creativity and ingenuity to support national efforts.
The three days training for the young people begins from 22 May 2023 which will help them to work on their solutions & ideas for environmental problems/issues that they have identified.
Here are the list of our 20 youth catalysts for climate action.
- Aastha Koirala, Putalibazar Municipality, Syangja
- Neelima Parajuli, Putalibazar Municipality, Syangja
- Manish Banjade , Ghorahi Sub Metropolitan City, Dang
- Sangit Adhikari, Ghorahi Sub Metropolitan City, Dang
- Alish Maharjan, Lalitpur Metropolitan City, Lalitpur
- Pratima Khadgi, Lalitpur Metropolitan City, Lalitpur
- Pramesh Poudyal, Tilottama Municipality, Rupandehi
- Binita Basnet, Tilottama Municipality, Rupandehi
- Nirmal Kumal, Buddhiganga Municipality, Bajura
- Poojan Singh, Buddhiganga Municipality, Bajura
- Abhishek Chaudhary, Duhabi Municipality, Sunsari
- Kundan Kumar Chaudhary, Duhabi Municipality, Sunsari
- Vikash Dhakal, Madi Municipality, Chitwan
- Sandesh BK, Madi Municipality, Chitwan
- Monika Koirala, Waling Municipality, Syangja
- Manish KC, Waling Municipality, Syangja
- Bikash Kumar Yadav, Lahan Municipality, Siraha
- Aashish Shah, Lahan Municipality, Siraha
- Anuka Acharya, Halesi Tuwachung Municipality, Khotang
Samjhana Rai, Halesi Tuwachung Municipality, Khotang
Charting the future at COP28: global commitments, urgent action, and Kazakhstan's climate agenda
The Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC, or COP, is a mega-event of global significance and can be compared in scale to the Olympic Games. In addition to serv...