Supporting Effective Implementation of Agricultural Credit and Insurance Scheme in India
Access to Agricultural Credit and Insurance
UNDP and the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India, has been partnering since 2018 to enhance farmers’ access to crop insurance under the Government’s flagship scheme of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY).
The goal of the partnership project is to build a sustainable and climate resilient agriculture sector with increased incomes, secured livelihoods, and a better quality of life, particularly for small, marginal and women farmers.
Given its success, the partnership was renewed for the duration of 2023-2026, with an expanded mandate of access to agricultural credit and insurance.
Building on the learning and success of phase I (2018-2022), the project aims to focus on strengthening the institutional and operational capacity of implementation at all levels. This implies an improved pan-India coverage of crop insurance and agriculture credit to make it more inclusive and beneficial for farmers – especially small, marginal and women farmers.
Key Planned Outcomes
- Outcome 1: Efficient and transparent implementation of agri-value chain financing and risk mitigation solutions with a focus on improved service delivery
- Outcome 2: Improved awareness, capacity, and enhanced convergence between key stakeholders leads to enhanced adoption by states and increased access to farmers.
- Outcome 3: Wide spectrum of innovative and customized products& services based on alternate risk sharing mechanisms coupled with international best practices are available for need based agri financing and climatic/catastrophic risks
Piloted and promoted new and innovative technologies in crop cutting experiments and subsidy management, together with adopting models of Alternate Risk Management Mechanism in states.
Over 1.47 lakh stakeholders were informed and enabled by 1000+ awareness and training workshops.
Over 2.64 lakh Fasal Bima Pathshalas were conducted, reaching out to over 3.13 lakh farmers on crop insurance scheme.
The Department of Post was onboarded as an additional enrolment channel for non-loanee farmers, thereby improving farmers’ accessibility and increasing coverage.
Reached out to 77 lakh farmers through the ‘Meri Policy Mere Haath’ campaign during Rabi 2022-23.
Transformation of the National Crop Insurance Portal (NCIP) as a one stop source, integrated with states, banks and other institutions. It settles claims directly into farmers' accounts, bringing about a higher level of transparency and reducing the turnaround time for claim compensation.
Pilot testing of centralized helpline for Information and Grievance Redressal System for the farmers.
Integration of advanced technology assisted solutions to promote effective, efficient, and transparent implementation of the scheme such as:
YES-TECH (Yield Estimation System based on Technology) to revolutionize yield estimation by harnessing advanced algorithms and remote sensing data to deliver precise and transparent yield assessments at the Gram Panchayat level.(Yield Estimation System based on Technology) to revolutionize yield estimation by harnessing advanced algorithms and remote sensing data to deliver precise and transparent yield assessments at the Gram Panchayat level.
- The WINDS (Weather Information Network & Data System) Portal as a centralized platform to manage and disseminate extensive weather data recorded by Automatic Weather Stations and Rain Gauges.
- CROPIC (Collection of Real-Time Observations & Photographs of Crops), a digital platform which aggregates crop health photographs at regular intervals – a valuable input for crop yield estimation.
- AIDE (App for Insurance Enrolment), a smartphone application, it simplifies and streamlines the enrolment process for crop insurance, making it more accessible, convenient, and transparent for farmers across the country.
in the field of yield/weather data management and crop insurance have been launched
farmers and stakeholders
for training and capacity building on accessing Kisan Credit Card
were reached out to, during awareness generation for Rabi 2022-23.
namely Safalta Ki Kahani, Yuva Kisan ko Salam, and Know Your Krishi Heroes, promoted on the social media platforms of PMFBY.