PAPI - The Viet Nam Provincial Governance and Public Administration Performance Index
PROJECT WEB PAGE:
- PAPI - The Viet Nam Provincial Governance and Public Administration Performance Index
- PAPI - Chỉ số hiệu quả Quản trị và Hành chính công cấp tỉnh tại Việt Nam
|Duration:||2018 – 2021|
|Focus Area:||Governance and Participation|
- Good governance has emerged as an important factor to increase public administration efficiency, public trust and reduce corruption in Viet Nam. Facilitating citizen engagement as end-users of public services and with top leadership of local governments helps identify governance areas that meet citizens’ needs as well as calls for government action to further improve governance and increase levels of citizen satisfaction.
- The Viet Nam Provincial Governance and Public Administration Performance Index (PAPI) is a flagship governance programme, initiated by the United Nations Development Programme in Viet Nam, since 2009. PAPI annually measures and benchmarks citizens’ experiences and perceptions of the performance and quality of policy implementation and services delivery in all 63 provincial governments in Viet Nam to advocate for effective and responsive governance.
- PAPI provides quantitative measures collected from citizens feedbacks that focus on eight governance dimensions in all 63 cities and provinces of the country. Over the years, PAPI has provided data and evidence that reflect eight key dimensions of government performance, including:
- Participation at Local Levels
- Transparency in Local Decisionmaking
- Vertical Accountability Towards Citizens
- Control of Corruption in the Public Sector
- Public Administrative Procedures
- Public Service Delivery.
- Environmental Governance
PAPI aims to generate information that can improve the performance of local governments in meeting their citizens’ needs by:
- (i) enabling citizens to benchmark their local government’s performance and advocate for improvement
- (ii) promoting self-reflections for improvement, creating constructive competition, and promoting learning among local authorities
- Improved national governance performance
- Increased governments’ responsiveness and accountability to citizens in policy planning, implementation and monitoring
- PAPI is used as a rigorous, independent and credible research tool to foster governance reforms
- Enhanced awareness, coordination and acceleration of best practices within and among provincial governments.
MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT, PLEASE VISIT:
- Project's Website:
United Nations Development Programme
GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Korea-Viet Nam Peace Village Project Factsheet
The presence of explosive ordnance (EO) may have a substantial negative impact on human safety and development. Landmines, cluster munitions and other EO create b...
Rapid Assessment on the Willingness of Persons with Disabilities to Stand for Election to the National Assembly or People’s Councils
This report includes findings from a rapid assessment conducted by UNDP in March and April 2021 on the “Willingness of Persons with Disabilities to Stand for Elec...
Official Launch of 2021 PAPI Report
Opening remarks by Ms Caitlin Wiesen, UNDP Resident Representative in Viet Nam, at the Official Launch of 2021 PAPI Report