Sustainable Rural Development
IsDB Sustainable Rural Development Project Component B: Engineering Services and Strengthening Capacity in Infrastructure Management
The project is a joint initiative of the United Nations Development Program, the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction being implemented with financial support of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) and OPEC Fund for International Development to create favorable living conditions for rural residents and ensure their access to basic infrastructure, socio-economic services including access to health and education.
The SRD Project’s expected impact is to contribute to the national development target on inclusive poverty reduction, and promote economic development, through inclusive and sustainable growth and the outcome is Improving well- being of rural people and creating economic and income opportunities.
Objectives of the project:
1) Strengthening the capacity of local communities to identify and represent their interests and needs;
2) Training representatives of local architectural and design institutes and regional construction departments;
3) Capacity building of the construction sector and architectural design to implement innovative IT solutions and digital transformation from a gender perspective;
4) Involving local communities in decision-making processes.
- Rising living standards of about 710 000 rural people of 170 makhalla communities (40 central and 130 adjoining makhallas) in 20 districts of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, Bukhara, Navoi and Khorezm regions by improving road and transport infrastructure, engineering and communication networks, power supply system, application of resource-saving and environmentally friendly technologies in construction and renovation of social facilities such as kindergartens, secondary schools and rural clinics through strengthening participatory local governance processes in target regions.
- 10,000 people trained/ capacity built in both communities and local institutions with >30% women/youth participation
UZB MINISTRY OF ECONOMICS
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS