Economic Empowerment of Afghan Women
Regional project "Supporting the Economic Empowerment of Afghan Women through Education and Training in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan"
The Regional Project funded by the European Union and implemented by the three UNDP COs – in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan – was launched in Uzbekistan on 10 July 2020.
The main goal of this project in Uzbekistan is to provide a more efficient delivery of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for Afghan Women due to the proximity and the experience of the government and higher education institutions in providing international exchange education. The priority sector for education is agriculture as a growth sector with particular importance for promoting gender equality.
10 Afghan Women with a high school diploma (complete 12 years) wishing to enhance their professional skills via TVET programme in Agronomy will be awarded educational grants.
- Improved higher education and TVET outgoing learning mobility system for women in Afghanistan.
- Improved involvement of Afghan women, including a quota of women with disabilities and from remote rural areas, in higher education and TVET outgoing learning mobility programmes.
- Enhanced employability of women participating in the higher education and TVET outgoing learning mobility programme.
- Foundation courses on academic language training and cultural studies developed and delivered to scholarship recipients;
- Organisation of extracurricular trainings, such as Summer and Winter Schools in partnership with UN Women, to help Afghan women develop their leadership and communication skills. Additional soft-skills trainings are expected to help women pursue desired job opportunities, develop eye-catching CVs and cover-letters, thus increasing their chances for decent employment.
United Nations Development Programme
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS