[COMPLETED] Gender Equality
Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
UNDP has become the lead agency in Gender Equality Certification programmes through its innovative Gender Equality Seal programme. UNDP has been successfully implementing the Gender Equality Certification since 2009, with the launch of The Gender Equality Seal for Private Sector, led by Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean-RBLAC. The UNDP Gender Equality Seal is now being further expanded with the official launch of the Gender Equality Seal for Public Institutions in July 2021 during the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development Goals (HLPF). UNDP has piloted the global initiative for the last two years, aiming to support and acknowledge the efforts of public institutions towards achieving substantive equality between women and men within the framework of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.
Interested public institutions will be invited to use an on-line self-assessment instrument. The outcomes of the analysis will help the institution to design specific public administration reform plans to implement gender-sensitive policies to achieve the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.
The Gender Equality Seal for Public Institutions will offer three different levels of recognition: Gold, Silver and Bronze. The institutions will be awarded according to their achievements in the different stages of the process and based on the benchmarks met, since these have been formulated progressively to account for the stage the institution stands at, within the framework of a medium- and long-term process.
Promote gender mainstreaming in public institutions for enhancing gender equality and women’s empowerment results and impacts from public policies and programmes, by means of rolling out the Gender Equality Seal.
Benefits for public institutions:
- Sustained and tailored gender capacity building;
- Access and use at a minimum cost of the Gender Equality Seal for Public Institutions online platform;
- Integrate and exchange experiences and lessons learned with a global community of gender champion public institutions;
- Gain national, regional and global visibility as gender responsive and innovative public institutions.
Benefits for UNDP country office:
- Strategic/political and technical sustained support from the Global Gender Equality Seal team on engaging interested public institutions;
- Resources for rolling out the program, and particularly for hiring Gender Equality Seal advisors that will accompany participant public institutions, communication, launching events or others;
- Improving the results and impact of their governance and gender equality portfolios;
- Improving their performance regarding the UNDP Gender Equality Seal;
- Additionally, the Global Gender Team might support, depending on the availability, developing other activities deemed necessary for the effective implementation of the programme in the country (communications, events etc.).
United Nations Development Programme
GOVERNMENT OF REPUBLIC OF KOREA
ICELAND - MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Republic of korea
UN DEPT OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS
UNDP Funding Windows
UNITED NATIONS CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS