10 startup initiatives received financial support in Karakalpakstan
September 13, 2023
Today, at the Youth Center we have presented equipment and inventory to the winners of the 2nd cycle of startup projects aged 18-30 years from the Karauzyak, Chimbay, Kegeli districts and the city of Nukus. The event is held within the framework of the Joint Program of UNDP, UNICEF and FAO "Empowering youth towards a brighter future through green and innovative development of the Aral Sea region", funded by the UN Multi-Partner Trust Fund for Human Security for the Aral Sea Region in Uzbekistan.
Startup projects that have been selected on a competitive basis have received funding from the UNDP for implementation. The main directions of ideas for startup projects are:
- Social sphere;
- Information technology;
- Climatic changes in the region (related to agriculture).
According to the results of the competition held in April this year among 45 young people and women, the Selection Committee supported the following startup projects:
- "EDU CRM" - a digital platform for educational institutions
- "Sim Sim" - Internet of things and technologies for smart home
- "RentMap" - an application for finding commercial real estate
- "JumisApp" - an application for employers and job search
- "Black Lion" - pet food production
- "BioKey" - provision of services for the installation of smart locks and security systems
- "Qasimda" - an application for finding establishments in Karakalpakstan
- "SalesUP" - CRM system to increase sales and save advertising costs
- "Kiymeshek" - an online platform for exploring the culture of Karakalpakstan
- "Basqa Project" - a platform for low-income, orphans, and children with disabilities
In addition, also on this day, the publication "Handbook on the development of startups for entrepreneurs", developed within the framework of a Joint program of UNDP, UNFPA, FAO, was presented. This manual is a basic set of knowledge and practices that entrepreneurs need at the stage of creating and launching startups. The manual was transferred to the libraries of the Agency for Youth Affairs, IT-Park and universities of Karakalpakstan.
UNDP provides assistance in improving the efficiency and introducing innovations in the agriculture of Karakalpakstan, promoting smart and digital communities with a favourable infrastructure for the empowerment of youth, women, as well as vulnerable groups of people, including people with disabilities, families headed by women, migrant workers, etc.