UNDP Procurement for Sustainable Development Strategy 2022-2025
Download Strategy here (English) 2022-2025
The UNDP Procurement for Sustainable Development Strategy will position the Organization’s procurement function as a key enabler - realizing the corporate vision of structural transformation, leaving no-one behind, and building resilience.
International security threats, the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change, and natural disasters – compounded by global supply chain bottlenecks and shortages of food, health products, and financial crises – have had a significant impact on the way UNDP procures goods and services for itself and for the people it serves around the world. In this context, the UNDP’s acquisition and grant-making function must continuously adapt to ensure that our procurement process is a strategic enabler for program delivery and operational effectiveness.
Innovation, digitalization, and new ways of development financing are the key enablers of UNDP’s Strategic Plan 2022-25, which is the corporate vision of structural transformation, leaving no-one behind and building resilience. The UNDP Procurement for Sustainable Development Strategy builds upon and pursuant to UNDP’s Strategic Plan 2022-25, by detailing a vision for procurement to enable and support UNDP’s overall development goals and mandates.
The Procurement Strategy provides “fit-for-purpose” procurement solutions for UNDP projects and programs, advancing UNDP’s Strategic Plan. The objectives of the strategy are as follows:
1. Providing “Fit-for-Purpose” Procurement Solutions
2. Enhancing Procurement Capacity Development
3. Mainstreaming Sustainable Procurement
4. Optimizing Procurement Services across Strategic Programmatic Sectors
5. Leveraging Digitalization for more Efficient Procurement Processes When making UNDP their implementing partner of choice, development partners can expect:
• Access to the same high quality procurement services provided by UNDP’s central, regional, and local procurement functions irrespective of geography.
• A procurement agency for technical assistance and expertise in the areas of health, elections, crisis response, energy, environment, and construction.
• The capacity to develop, in conjunction with programme staff, tailor-made solutions in emerging sectors.
• Procurement services that center on sustainable production and consumption.