Vocational Education and Training in Agriculture
With funds from the Government of Switzerland, UNDP is assisting Georgia to establish a modern system of vocational education and training in agriculture and introduce and an extension system for farmers. The project is being implemented in close partnership with the Georgian government - Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture and Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport as well as in collaboration with the educational institutions and the private sector.
what we do
- Promote training and professional development of vocational teachers, extension officers and agricultural specialists.
- Upgrade educational standards and curricula of the VET colleges.
- Elaborate and implement the modular programmes in agriculture.
- Provide farmers with the high quality training and extension services.
- Improve access to resources, infrastructure and best practices for the regional and local agriculture entities.
- Boost coordination and enhance policy planning at the national level.
- Promote the new training methods in agriculture, such as work-based learning. Facilitate cooperation between the public and private sectors.
- Develop institutional partnership between the Georgian and European VET colleges. Facilitate students/teachers exchange programmes, knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
results so far
- Development, piloting and introduction of the new educational standards and programmes, including up to 100 new training modules.
- Training of up to 2000 farmers offered by 8 vocational colleges.
- Extension/advisory support for more than 10,000 farmers in 16 public agricultural information and consultation centers.
- Public/private cooperation and partnership in the field of work-based learning.
7 Mtskheta Street
Tbilisi 0179 Georgia
+995 32 2250106
Knowledge Management and Innovations Specialist
Agriculture and Farming Specialist
UNDP Economic Development Team Leader
Mim.of Education and Science
SWISS AGENCY FOR DEVELOPMENT AND COOPERATION - SDC
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS