Motivational forum: The Future Women Build
October 24, 2022
On 27 October, at 14:00, in Tbilisi Rooms Hotel, Garden Hall (14 Merab Kostava Street, Tbilisi), five inspirational speakers and role models will meet with young people and representatives of the public, private and civic sectors to showcase the role of rural women in the economy, entrepreneurship, climate action and governance.
Their speeches will focus on personal experiences in achieving success, the challenges and obstacles they had to face, and the ways to empower rural women to build a better future for themselves, their communities and their country.
A motivational forum “The Future Women Build” echoes the theme of this year’s Rural Women’s Day, which called on rural women around the world to claim their right to sustainable development.
The event is organized by UNDP in partnership with the European Union, Sweden and Switzerland.
- Amilona Dekanadze, an entrepreneur from Khulo Municipality
- Lali Chanqseliani, a farmer from Ozurgeti Municipality
- Luso Dostibejgiani, a civic activist from Tetritskari Municipality
- Natia Kakhidze, an entrepreneur from Kobuleti Municipality
- Tamar Khomasuridze, a youth activist from Oni Municipality
- Nick Beresford, UNDP Resident Representative in Georgia
- Danielle Meuwly, Regional Director of the Swiss Cooperation Office for the South Caucasus, Embassy of Switzerland
- Erik Illes, Head of Development Cooperation, Deputy Head of Mission at the Embassy of Sweden to Georgia
- Ilia Tamarashvili, Director of the Rural Development
- Ketevan Khutsishvili, Programme Manager for Rural Development, Civil Protection and Crisis Management of the Delegation of the European Union to Georgia
- Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP, +995 599 196907, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teiko Kandelaki, UNDP, +995 599 103525, email@example.com