Public Call for the expansion of membership in the Advisory Group of the ReLOaD2 project in Bosnia and Herzegovina
February 16, 2023
The Regional Programme for Local Democracy in the Western Balkans 2 (ReLOaD2), funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), announces:
for the expansion of membership in the Advisory Group of the ReLOaD2 project in Bosnia and Herzegovina
ReLOaD2 is implemented in the Western Balkans in: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), Montenegro, Kosovo*, North Macedonia and Serbia. The implementation of the project began on January 1, 2021 and will last until December 2024. The goal of the ReLOaD2 project is to strengthen participatory democracy and EU integration in the Western Balkans by empowering civil society and young people to actively participate in decision-making and by improving the stimulating legal and financial environment for civil society organizations (CSOs).
13 local self-government units  (LGUs) participate in the ReLOaD2 component for BiH, and it is planned that during the duration of the project, a minimum of 140 CSO projects will be supported through public calls. Within the project structure, an Advisory Group was established at the beginning of the project with the aim of ensuring the flow of information related to the implementation of the project and with the intention of serving as a forum for cooperation and dialogue on topics related to the development of civil society. The advisory group currently consists of three LGU representatives and four CSO representatives. Participation in the Advisory Group is on a voluntary basis. Meetings of the Advisory Group are held twice a year or more often if necessary.
In order to provide opportunities to a larger number of interested organizations, especially youth organizations and youth representatives, ReLOaD2 publishes a Public Call for expanding the membership of the Advisory Group.
Criteria for participation in the Advisory Group
This public call is open to representatives of CSOs, representatives of youth organizations and individuals. Small organizations at the local level and professionally established organizations with many years of experience, youth organizations, youth representatives, and other individuals who, with their previous experience, can contribute to the successful work of the Advisory Group can apply for the invitation. During the selection of members, care will be taken to ensure equal representation of representatives of different thematic sectors, geographical representation of CSOs and gender representation.
Which CSOs can nominate a candidate?
CSOs and youth organizations can propose a candidate for a member of the Advisory Board if they are:
• registered as citizens' associations before the publication of the Public Call,
• active in the community and recognized by citizens/users of their services in the community,
• if the candidate for the member of the BiH Advisory Group is a citizen, residing in BiH.
a) CSOs and youth organizations should submit the following documentation:
• a copy of the decision on registration in the register of citizens' associations,
• review of realized projects and activities in the previous year,
• a letter of support from the CSO to the proposed candidate with a short biography that provides sufficient information about the experience and expertise of the proposed candidate,
• contact information (telephone and/or e-mail address) of the organization proposing the candidate.
b) Individuals should submit the following documentation:
• a photocopy of an identity card or other identification document issued in BiH, on the basis of which the identity of a candidate for a member of the Advisory Group is determined,
• a curriculum vitae with data on work experience in and with civil society,
• contact details (phone or e-mail address) of the candidate.
Deadline and method of submission of documentation
The was public call was open from February 16 with deadline for applications being March 3, 2023. Deadline is extended to March 10, 2023.
Candidacy for a member of the Advisory Group is done by submitting the necessary documentation via e-mail to the address email@example.com, personally to the protocol of UNDP in BiH or by mail to the address:
United Nations Development Program (UNDP BiH)
The Regional Programme for Local Democracy in the Western Balkans 2 (ReLOaD 2)
United Nations building
Zmaja od Bosna bb
Bosnia and Herzegovina
with the note: "Candidacy for member of the Advisory Group - ReLOaD2 project".
Applications for members of the Advisory Group will be considered only if they are submitted on time and with all the necessary documentation. Applications submitted after the official deadline will be considered only if the postmark indicates a date of sending before the official deadline. Within 15 days from the expiration of the deadline for submission of candidate proposals, UNDP BiH will inform the selected candidates about the results of the selection. Any questions regarding the process of nominating a candidate for a member of the Advisory Group can be submitted electronically to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* For the European Union, all references to Kosovo should be understood in full compliance with Resolution 1244 (1999) and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence. For the United Nations, references to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of Security Council resolution 1244 (1999).
 Bihać, Centar Sarajevo, Gacko, Goražde, Gradiška, Grad Istočno Sarajevo, Novo Sarajevo, Mostar, Prijedor, Prozor Rama, Rudo, Ugljevik i Vitez
Story of resilience, hope, and transformation against changing climate.
In Dacope, Khulna, a UNDP-supported water treatment plant stands as a beacon of hope. It not only provides 10,000 liters of clean water daily to over 2,500 locals...
Better Public Services and Quality of Life with EU Support
Representatives of the European Union (EU) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) awarded grants today in the total amount of 525,000 US dollars to r...