Integrated Roadmap for Aral Sea Region
Facilitation and Support with Effective Implementation of the Integrated Roadmap for the Sustainable Development of the Aral Sea region (EF)
To maintain the momentum created and positioning that UNDP Uzbekistan has achieved in leading systems thinking approach for the development of the Aral Sea Region within the SDGs integration initiative and to capitalize on current opportunities, the project has the following main objectives:
- Resource mobilization: engaging with development partners, IFIs, and explore alternative financing.
- Partnership coordination: ensure further substantive lead and contribution from UNDP to the MPTF Advisory Committee.
- Aral Sea portfolio development: technical/substantive support for proposal development, noting that fundraising is expected not only from the vertical funds (with preparatory grants), but also from IFIs and other partners.
- Enhanced capabilities of the national partners to develop portfolio of interventions in a more holistic manner; as well as apply systems thinking in managing and monitoring Aral Sea interventions.
- Portfolio of priority interventions identified, and a portfolio of perspective UNDP projects developed to support the complex development of the region.
- Substantive lead and contribution from UNDP to the MPHSTF Advisory Council ensured.