Marking the World Environment Day, 5 June
A Video contest “#BeatPlasticPollution”
May 17, 2023
UNDP in Turkmenistan, on the occasion of the World Environment Day, 5 June launches a Video contest “#BeatPlasticPollution”.
A picture is worth a thousand words. A video is worth a thousand pictures. This Video contest will highlight once again the actions any individual can and should take to beat plastic pollution and preserve the beauty and uniqueness of our planet. The contest will also draw attention of public and national and international partners to the harmful impact of human beings on our environment, as well as promote the development of good environmental habits among both adults and children.
Video contest assignment:
Please submit 1 video showcasing your method to reduce plastic use or reuse plastic in your daily life (submissions are not limited to these examples, but must be relevant to the given topic), post your video on your personal Instagram account and tag us - @undp_turkmenistan or share it via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide 2- 3 sentences description of your video presented from your own perspective.
Video contest requirements to follow:
- Entrants must be citizens of Turkmenistan (aged 14-25);
- The submitted videos need to be made in Turkmenistan;
- The contest participant submitting the video must be the creator of a video (he/she record the video by himself/herself);
- All submitted videos need to be of original nature, no plagiarized videos are allowed;
- Videos should be in high resolution MP4, MOV or AVI format (preferred dimensions 4:4 or 5:4, NO less than 720 pixels);
- The entry must not exceed one (1) minute total running time;
- The entry must not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- The publication of a video and tagging @undp_turkmenistan account, automatically confirms that UNDP can use a video to feature the event;
- All videos need to be posted in the personal accounts of their authors in the Instagram social media and must include tag of the @undp_turkmenistan in the text of post below as well as short description of author’s concept (2-3 sentences) of the video from personal perspective.
- Submissions will be accepted until 30 May (18:00).
Entries will be judged on the video's impact, creativity and relevance to the theme.
! Five best videos will be published on @undp_turkmenistan Instagram pages on 31 May - 4 June.
! Two out of five selected videos will be announced as winners of the contest based on the most likes on @undp_turkmenistan account ONLY.
The winners will be announced on 5 June, World Environment Day. They will be awarded certificates and souvenirs from UNDP.
The British Embassy in Turkmenistan and UNDP continue cooperation to support the development of the draft of the National System of Inventory of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions in Turkmenistan
On 7 December 2023, the British Embassy in Turkmenistan and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to continue...
Competition on climate change issues held in Dashoguz
On December 2, 2023, an Environmental Brain Ring among youth was held in Dashoguz, organized jointly by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Turkmen...
UNDP initiates the development of recommendations for establishing a monitoring and evaluation system for adaptation activities in Turkmenistan
On 23rd of November, in the framework of the UNDP/GCF project “Developing a National Adaptation Planning Process in Turkmenistan” a roundtable for the national st...
UNDP continues efforts to build capacities of stakeholders in the water and agricultural sectors of Dashoguz and Lebap velayats
On November 13-15, 2023, a three-day workshop titled "Adaptation to Climate Change in Urban and Agricultural Water Supply" was held in Dashoguz city. The workshop...
Young Turkmen Scientist Wins Youth4Climate Global Challenge
Ogulshirin Tacheva, a fifth-year biotechnology and ecology student at the Oguz Han Engineering and Technology University of Turkmenistan, participated in the Yout...
UNDP improves energy efficiency in the hotel sector of Turkmenistan
The UNDP project "Sustainable Cities in Turkmenistan: Integrated Green Urban Development in Ashgabat and Avaza” continues to conduct information and educational e...
UNDP raises awareness of water specialists on the issues related to the impact of climate change on water resources of Turkmenistan
Within the framework of the project "Developing the National Adaptation Planning Process in Turkmenistan", implemented by the United Nations Development Programme...