Marking the World Environment Day, 5 June
A Video contest “#BeatPlasticPollution”
May 17, 2023
UNDP in Turkmenistan, on the occasion of the World Environment Day, 5 June launches a Video contest “#BeatPlasticPollution”.
A picture is worth a thousand words. A video is worth a thousand pictures. This Video contest will highlight once again the actions any individual can and should take to beat plastic pollution and preserve the beauty and uniqueness of our planet. The contest will also draw attention of public and national and international partners to the harmful impact of human beings on our environment, as well as promote the development of good environmental habits among both adults and children.
Video contest assignment:
Please submit 1 video showcasing your method to reduce plastic use or reuse plastic in your daily life (submissions are not limited to these examples, but must be relevant to the given topic), post your video on your personal Instagram account and tag us - @undp_turkmenistan or share it via e-mail email@example.com. Please provide 2- 3 sentences description of your video presented from your own perspective.
Video contest requirements to follow:
- Entrants must be citizens of Turkmenistan (aged 14-25);
- The submitted videos need to be made in Turkmenistan;
- The contest participant submitting the video must be the creator of a video (he/she record the video by himself/herself);
- All submitted videos need to be of original nature, no plagiarized videos are allowed;
- Videos should be in high resolution MP4, MOV or AVI format (preferred dimensions 4:4 or 5:4, NO less than 720 pixels);
- The entry must not exceed one (1) minute total running time;
- The entry must not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- The publication of a video and tagging @undp_turkmenistan account, automatically confirms that UNDP can use a video to feature the event;
- All videos need to be posted in the personal accounts of their authors in the Instagram social media and must include tag of the @undp_turkmenistan in the text of post below as well as short description of author’s concept (2-3 sentences) of the video from personal perspective.
- Submissions will be accepted until 30 May (18:00).
Entries will be judged on the video's impact, creativity and relevance to the theme.
! Five best videos will be published on @undp_turkmenistan Instagram pages on 31 May - 4 June.
! Two out of five selected videos will be announced as winners of the contest based on the most likes on @undp_turkmenistan account ONLY.
The winners will be announced on 5 June, World Environment Day. They will be awarded certificates and souvenirs from UNDP.
UNDP raises awareness of water specialists on the issues related to the impact of climate change on water resources of Turkmenistan
Within the framework of the project "Developing the National Adaptation Planning Process in Turkmenistan", implemented by the United Nations Development Programme...
UNDP supports Turkmenistan in the development of renewable energy and energy efficiency
Within the framework of the joint project of UNDP and the Ministry of Environmental Protection of Turkmenistan "Sustainable Cities in Turkmenistan: Integrated Gre...
UNDP and the British Embassy in Turkmenistan convene the sixth coordination meeting of the Climate Group of Development Partners
UNDP and the British Embassy in Turkmenistan in a hybrid format held regular Coordination meeting of the Climate Group of Development Partners aimed at continuing...
UNDP CONTINUES TO ENHANCE KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL FARMERS ON HORTICULTURE
Within the framework of the project “Conservation and Sustainable Management of Land Resources and High Nature Value Ecosystems in the Aral Sea Basin for Multiple...
Marking the International Desertification and Drought Day
On June 17, 2023, International Desertification and Drought Day, UNDP in Turkmenistan together with partners within the framework of the Aral Sea project, funded ...
Youth engagement for climate action elevated with the support from UNDP
UNDP project “Conservation and Sustainable Management of Land Resources and High Nature Value Ecosystems in the Aral Sea Basin for Multiple Benefits”, jointly imp...
UNDP enhances the capacity of decision-makers on water resources planning under changing climate
Within the framework of the project "Development of the National Adaptation Planning Process in Turkmenistan" implemented by the United Nations Development Progra...