Second Open Call to Local Government Units for Co-financing of Air Protection Measures

April 24, 2024

Belgrade, 24 April 2024 - Within the EU for the Green Agenda in Serbia Project, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announces Second Open Call to Local Government Units for Co-financing of Air Protection Measures in local self-government units.

The Call for applications for co-financing the air protection measures is intended for local self-government units that have developed or adopted Air Quality Plans (AQP) and/or Short-term Action Plans (StAPs), and for local self-government units that are not legally obliged to adopt the aforementioned plans but have incorporated air protection measures into their strategic documents.

The implementation of measures proposed within this call should also contribute to the implementation of the National Air Protection Programme for the period 2022-2030 adopted by the Republic of Serbia in December 2022.

Local self-government units that have defined air quality improvement measures in planning documents have the opportunity to apply for co-financing of one selected measure, up to a maximum of 70% of total value of its use. For measures approved under this call, co-financing will be provided in the amount of 21,000 - 49,000 USD (for small-scale projects) and 49,000 - 140,000 USD (for large-scale projects). The rest of the funds, at least 30%, is provided by the local self-government unit from its budget or other sources of financing.

The application must be submitted no later than May 31, 2024, by 5 p.m., via the online platform that you can access HERE.

In addition to filling out the online application form, it is necessary to submit detailed project description containing project activities, results and budget, statement signed by an authorized person confirming the secured co-financing and participation in the public call, as well as accompanying technical documentation (if applicable), to the email address: More information about this can be found in the Terms and Conditions for applying at the following link.

An Info day will be organized for representatives of interested local governments on May 10, at 11am. Registration for the Info day is on the following LINK.

If you have additional questions, you can contact us via email at:

This Challenge Call for Proposals is published in the framework of the project "EU for the Green Agenda in Serbia", implemented with the technical and financial support of the European Union and in partnership with the Ministry of Environmental Protection, by UNDP in cooperation with the Embassy of Sweden and the European Investment Bank (EIB), with additional funding from the Governments of Sweden, Switzerland and Serbia.