Resilient Skopje: Scaling-up for Sustainability, Innovation and Climate Change
UNDP assists the City of Skopje to become more resilient to climate change and other environmental threats, and to work with the public administration to help it design and deliver better services for its citizens. The project will pursue these aims by assisting the City of Skopje in implementing a set of priority measures identified in the Climate Change Strategy – Resilient Skopje and the Skopje Innovation Framework.
The long-term objective of the project is to assist the City of Skopje to become more resilient to climate change and other environmental challenges, and to build a public administration that will design and deliver innovative and more efficient services for its citizens. The immediate objective of the project is to assist the City of Skopje in the implementation of a set of priority measures identified in the Climate Change Strategy – Resilient Skopje, and the Skopje Innovation Framework.
· Creating an enabling environment for enhanced cooperation with citizens and businesses for improved public services delivery
· Designing or re-designing two services to increase the satisfaction of citizens that are using that service
· Development of an Inventory of Riparian Habitats (water habitats) and an Action plan for Skopje agglomeration
· Development of a basic design for establishment of a green corridor along the Serava River
· Development of a Groundwater Study for the Skopje agglomeration
· Identifying possible transmission paths of six-valent chrome in Zeden Mountain groundwaters and their impact on Rashce spring
· Construction of Green Roofs
· Greening of slopes of the Skopje Fortress
· Designing and implementing public awareness activities for waste burning and using polluting heating sources
City of Skopje
GOVERNMENT OF NORTH MACEDONIA
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
ICT for Urban Resilience
The main project objective is to build disaster and climate resilience by increasing institutional capacity, mobilizing knowledge and transferring appropriate bes...
Improving the management of the protected areas
The overall objective of this project is assisting the country in addressing priority needs in improving the management of natural resources within protected area...
EU Floods Recovery Programme
The goal of the EU Floods Recovery Programme was to assist the country’s recovery efforts in the aftermath of the floods that occurred in early 2015 by reconstruc...
Improving Resilience to Floods in the Polog Region
The project’s ambitious goal is to instigate transformational change in managing flood risk in the region, accelerating the shift from purely reactive responses t...