Reducing Flood Risk in Kumanovo and Lipkovo Municipalities
UNDP supports efforts to significantly reduce flood risk in communities along Lipkovska River in the City of Kumanovo and central parts of Lipkovo. For this purpose, the following river regulations have been completed (or in advanced stages of implementation):
- Regulation of the most critical sections of the riverbed in total length of app. 1 km. This intervention will help directly protect an ethnically mixed community sharing a densely populated land resource extending along a high flood-risk zone.
- Extension of existing river regulation for additional 400 meters in the center of Lipkovo
These interventions build upon earlier UNDP-backed flood risk assessments that resulted in formulation of an optimized solution to the challenge given the multitude of local constraints imposed by urban development plans, existing structures and other site conditions.
- Complete technical documentation for regulation of the most critical urban sections of Lipkovska Reka through the City of Kumanovo in total length of app. 1.8 km
- Regulation of app. 1 km of urban riverbed in flood sensitive areas (within available budget)
- Regulation of app. 400 m of riverbed in the center of Lipkovo
Ministry Env&Physical Planning
GOVERNMENT OF NORTH MACEDONIA
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
ICT for Urban Resilience
The main project objective is to build disaster and climate resilience by increasing institutional capacity, mobilizing knowledge and transferring appropriate bes...
Improving the management of the protected areas
The overall objective of this project is assisting the country in addressing priority needs in improving the management of natural resources within protected area...
Resilient Skopje: Scaling-up for Sustainability, Innovation and Climate Change
UNDP assists the City of Skopje to become more resilient to climate change and other environmental threats, and to work with the public administration to help it ...
EU Floods Recovery Programme
The goal of the EU Floods Recovery Programme was to assist the country’s recovery efforts in the aftermath of the floods that occurred in early 2015 by reconstruc...