UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
Are you passionate about world development and want to make a difference?
Join a Life Changing Mission
UNDP provides opportunities for a small group of outstanding university students to undertake an internship at the UNDP office in Mongolia. The objective of the Internship Programme is to provide UNDP Mongolia with assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields. The Internship Programme provides a compact understanding of UNDP' s development policies, thematic priorities, and technical cooperation activities. Internships are designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation, but also complement other international studies.
UNDP may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- written and spoken proficiency in English and Mongolian;
- computer literate in standard software applications;
- demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
- demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- A person who is the child or sibling of an UNDP staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at UNDP. An applicant who bears any other family relationship with a UNDP staff member may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member.
Health and medical insurance
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must therefore carry adequate and regular medical insurance. Proof of medical coverage/visa must be provided before the internship starts.
Further career opportunities
The purpose of internships is not to lead to further employment with UNDP Mongolia but, as mentioned, to complement a student’s studies. Interns wishing to be considered for employment with the UNDP Mongolia, even if otherwise fully qualified, are not eligible for consideration for employment during their internship.
UNDP is currently aware of fictitious vacancy announcements that are being circulated through email messages and different web sites. The purpose of such fraudulent activity is to deceive an individual and convince him/her to send a "registration/visa/booking/other fee" prior to "hiring". UNDP does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, visa or other fee). Since logos, emblems, forms, names and addresses are publicly available and can be easily copied or reproduced, applicants are strongly advised to take particular care in applying for vacancies, including undertaking all appropriate measures to protect against such advanced fee frauds. If you believe that you became a victim of such fraud, you may wish to report it to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Information Disclosure Policy.
By accessing this website, certain information about the user, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the website, the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on UNDP servers. These will not specifically identify the user. The information will be used internally only for website traffic analysis. If the user provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this website (e.g. job applications), such information will be used only for purposes stated and will not be shared with parties outside of UNDP or published for general access. UNDP, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information. For any questions about how UNDP discloses its information, please see the Information Disclosure Policy.