Japan and UNDP offer $400,000 to Moldovan entrepreneurs for business development
May 16, 2023
Twenty small and medium enterprises from the Republic of Moldova will benefit from grants of US$20,000 each – financial assistance provided through the UNDP project "Multidimensional response to emerging human security challenges", financed by the Government of Japan.
Ten companies from the agri-food sector and ten from the non-agri-food sector will receive financial assistance to improve their productivity, competitiveness and business sustainability. The purpose of the non-reimbursable assistance is to increase energy efficiency and improve food security by strengthening the capacities of agricultural producers affected by the multidimensional crisis.
The assistance will be allocated for the modernization of old production lines, improvement of internal processes and production control, waste heat recovery and efficient energy generation, as well as the modernization of harvesting, production, storage and processing capacities, in compliance with food safety standards.
The grant competition consists of two lots to be implemented between June 2023 and March 2024:
- LOT 1: Support for at least ten SMEs operating in the agri-food sector to modernize their harvesting, production, storage and processing capacities, enabling them to comply with food safety standards. Companies from three target micro-regions can benefit from this lot:
- Coșnița, Criuleni, Pârâta, Doroțcaia and Slobozia-Dușca – Dubăsari and Criuleni districts
- Nisporeni, Vărzărești, Ciutești, Boldurești, Soltănești, Grozești, Bălăurești and Seliște – Nisporeni district
- Cimișlia, Sadaclia, Ciucur Mingir, Cenac, Valea Perjei, Hîrtop and Mihailovca - Cimișlia and Basarabeasca districts.
- LOT 2: Support for at least 10 SMEs working in non-agricultural sectors in two focal regions Cahul and Ungheni, which host a large number of refugees, to reduce environmental impact and improve their efficiency and competitiveness.
Terms, conditions and application guidelines, including details of the file submission process, may be found here. The deadline for submitting the files is 13 June 2023, 15:00 p.m. (GMT+3:00).
The "Moldova Has a Voice" camps brought together young music enthusiasts from both banks of the Nistru river
"It was such a synergy!" That's what the 24 young people from both banks of the Nistru river, participants in the two editions of the "Moldova Has a Voice" camp, ...
On the City Day, the One Stop Shop was launched in Ungheni, established with the support of the European Union and UNDP
The Ungheni One Stop Shop was launched on Monday, 28 August and will initially provide 17 public services, with the possibility of further expansion. Located on t...
A street in the centre of Ungheni was renovated by the European Union and UNDP
On 28 August, on Ungheni City Day, a 0.7-kilometer road segment was inaugurated, after its rehabilitation. The modernization of Alexandru Boico Street in the muni...
365 children and young people, including diaspora and refugees, participated in local summer camps at #AcasăCamp2023
365 local, diaspora and refugee children and young people participated in the #AcasăCamp2023 summer camps, organised from 15 July to 25 August 2023 in 15 communit...