Support for Strengthening Comprehensive Initiatives in Implementing National Programs and Strategies of the Kyrgyz Republic in the Field of Social Cohesion
September 29, 2023
Bishkek, September 29, 2023 – UNDP in Kyrgyzstan is assisting in optimizing and inventorying specific national programs and strategies of the Kyrgyz Republic aimed at strengthening social cohesion. To achieve this, consultations on the development of a comprehensive action plan between government and local self-government bodies took place from September 18 to 28 in the cities of Bishkek and Osh:
• Ministry of Culture, Information, Sports, and Youth Policy of the Kyrgyz Republic
• Ministry of Labor and Social Protection and Migration of the Kyrgyz Republic
• Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic
• State Commission for Religious Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic
• State Agency for Civil Service and Local Self-Government under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic
• Civil society organizations, including youth committees, women's councils, elders' councils, activists, interfaith councils, public prevention centers, and others accordingly.
• Local self-government bodies of Alamedin and Sokuluk districts, cities of Tokmok and Kara-Balta, Balykchy, Talas, Osh, Uzgen, Nookat, Kyzyl-Kya, Batken, Aydarken, Razzakov, Jalal-Abad, Bazar-Korgon, Kadamjay town, Kochkor, and Suzak auls of respective districts.
• Local government administrations of Alamedin and Sokulu districts.
As is known, the Kyrgyz Republic has adopted a number of important strategic documents aimed at strengthening social cohesion, such as the "Concept of Civil Identity Development - Kyrgyz Jaran in the Kyrgyz Republic for the period 2021-2026," "Concept of the State Policy of the Kyrgyz Republic in the Religious Sphere for 2021-2026," "Youth Policy Concept for 2020-2030," "National Action Plan on UN Resolution 1325" (Women, Peace, and Security). In addition, the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "On Countering Extremist Activity of the Kyrgyz Republic" has been adopted.
During the discussions, participants put forward proposals for the further development of an integrated action plan to optimize these strategic documents by eliminating duplication, enhancing the quality of their implementation, monitoring and reporting, strengthening coordination between government and local self-government bodies, as well as civil society organizations.
Member of the Administration of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic, Zamir Tursunbekov noted: "Consultative meetings aim to ensure a comprehensive approach in the implementation of the above-mentioned strategic documents through the consolidation of efforts, potential, and resources of government bodies, local self-government, and civil society organizations to achieve more significant results in strengthening social cohesion."
It should be noted that the consultative meetings were held by an interdepartmental group established by the Protocol of the meeting in the Administration of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic "On the Optimization and Inventory of Certain National Programs and Strategies of the Kyrgyz Republic" and formed from among delegated government agencies and independent experts.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is one of the leading development organizations in Kyrgyzstan. Since 1993, we have been working in various areas, including inclusive development, environmental protection, crisis response, gender equality promotion, and collaborative efforts towards sustainable development goals.
For more information, please visit our website: www.undp.org/ru/kyrgyzstan or follow us on social media @undpkg.
Nurzhan Alymkanova, Communications Specialist, UNDP Nurzhan.firstname.lastname@example.org