What do we want to achieve?
Kosovo institutions achieve more effective governance in environment and health through inclusive, evidence-based planning, implementation and monitoring of air pollution impacts on health.
More people adopt behaviors that are healthy and that increase resilience to potential threats from environmental pollution.
· The environment and health committee (EHCo) is reformed to become an active steward of the environment and health agenda in Kosovo
· Baseline data on environmental / air pollution impacts on health /related non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and risk exposure of most disadvantaged groups are available.
· Improved capacity on evidence-based environmental health policy-making
· General population has increased awareness of negative impacts of air pollution on health
· Innovative initiatives that address environmental concerns introduced and implemented.
|Duration:||2018 - 2019|
|Beneficiaries:||Ministry of Health, Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning, Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency, Institute of Public Health, Pilot Municipalities, Civil Society Organizations,|
|Project Budget:||950,076 EUR|
|Donors:||Government of Luxembourg|
MESPI, UNDP, and UNICEF mark Earth Day by planting vertical gardens with school children
This was the first in a series of activities, under the umbrella of Kosovo Earth Days...
Municipalities of Prizren and Suharekë/Suva Reka partner with UNDP and ADA to strengthen local climate action
The launch took place at the Innovation and Training Park (ITP) in Prizren...
Japan to support climate action in Kosovo through the Climate Promise project
In Kosovo, the project aims to provide an urgent, integrated solutions to recover from the COVID-19 crisis by...
Strengthening Local Climate Action Project
The project supports Kosovo municipalities in their transition towards zero emission development pathways by building on the results of...