Support to Centre for Public Policy & Good Governance in Uttarakhand
The Centre for Public Policy and Good Governance (CPPGG) anchored in the Department of Planning was formed in 2017 to act as a think tank to support the Government of Uttarakhand in governance and policy reforms. UNDP has engaged specialists to support CPPGG by providing policy and planning support to various State Government departments in areas of livelihood, climate change, training and capacity building, MIS (Management Information System), M&E (Monitoring and Evaluation) and policy research.
The Centre aims to accelerate sustainable growth of the State of Uttarakhand through action research and analytics, resulting in better planning and creation of a robust policy framework.
Registered as an autonomous body under the Societies Act 1860, the CPPGG's governing council is headed by Chief Minister, with the Chief Secretary, Department Secretaries and experts from various prestigious institutions acting as members.
This project aims to:
- Review policies and make recommendations to boost State’s economic growth
- Promote sustainable technology-based solutions for both identified and potential growth drivers
- Strengthen data ecosystem of key departments and enhancing data literacy
- Effective Localization and integration of Sustainable Development Goals in all levels of governmental planning
- Serve as a hub for knowledge management, capacity building and sharing best practices
- CPPGG has developed Uttarakhand State Indicator Framework (SIF) and District Indicator Framework (DIF) book. The SIF includes 369 indicators, including 231 National Indicators (NIs from NIF) and 138 State Indicators (SIs) while the DIF has 125 indicators comprising of 30 NIs and 95 SIs.
- The SDG monthly monitoring tool has been developed in line with the Uttarakhand SDG Dashboard, launched in Dec 2020. The tool aims to monitor and evaluate 36 indicators at monthly interval, institutionalizing regular monitoring of SDGs at district and State level and strengthening SDG localization in the state.
- Built capacities of district level officials aligned with Gram Panchayat Development Plans on SDGs
- Integration of SDG related session in trainer’s handbook and information on SDGs in training modules of Panchayati Raj Department.
United Nations Development Programme
Government of Uttarakhand
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Human Development Report 2021-22
The 2021/2022 Human Development Report is the latest in the series of global Human Development Reports published by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP...