Development Support Services- Himachal Pradesh and Maharashtra
Development support services for strengthening capacities in disaster risk reduction
UNDP supports the government of Himachal Pradesh (SDMAs and DDMAs) through the recruitment of Training and Capacity Building Coordinators and Documentation Coordinators in all the districts with senior coordinators working at the State Disaster Management Authority in Shimla.
In the state of Maharashtra, the project has developed the Department Disaster Management Plans for 22 departments of Maharashtra.
- The project is providing technical support to build upon the capacity of the state for Disaster Risk Reduction and climate change adaptation. The support is further strengthening the state systems to be more risk-sensitive in its approach.
- The coordinators recruited under the project have supported the district administration in organization of training programmes around first aid, search and rescue, incident response system etc., Simulation exercises, maintenance of training calendars etc.
- In Maharashtra, the project has supported the preparation of Disaster Management Plans for 22 Departments. This was done through an extensive baseline information gathering process, technical consultations and joint finalization of the plans
- Draft Department Disaster Management Plans for 22 departments have been submitted to the government of Maharashtra for final approval.
Looking to the future:
- Further, strengthen the partnership with the state of Himachal Pradesh & Maharashtra and develop a larger project on disaster risk management incorporating the principles of the Sendai Framework of Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Support the partner states in implementing the Guidelines of the XV Finance Commission on Disaster Risk Financing.
- Supporting others to strengthen its institutional framework and technical capacity for holistically addressing issues related to disaster risk reduction.
United Nations Development Programme
AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA
GOVERNMENT OF JHARKHAND
GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA
GOVT OF HIMACHAL PRADESH
GOVT. OF ANDHRA PRADESH
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Scoping Study and Policy Imperatives on Green Jobs and Eco-entrepreneurship
The study identifies areas for promoting women's workforce participation in renewable energy, green construction, green transport, water management and carbon sin...
Unveiling the Extraordinary: Meet the Champions of Youth Co: Lab 5th Edition driving positive change in India.
Low-carbon Technology Packages for Mini Steel Plants: A Compendium
The ‘Low-carbon Technology packages in Mini Steel Plants: A Compendium’ demonstrates solutions for sponge iron units, electric induction furnace, electric arc fur...