The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) and UNDP are inviting CSOs for the National Steering Committee membership
Open Call for Civil Society Organizations
October 6, 2021
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are announcing an open call for civil society organizations to nominate the candidates for the Small Grants Programme (SGP) National Steering Committee membership.
The Small Grants Programme National Steering Committee serves as the main decision-making body of the Small Grants Programme at the country level and provides overall oversight, guidance, and direction to the Country Programme.
The functions and duties of the National Steering Committee member are as follows:
- Provide overall guidance and strategic direction of the Country Programme, including the development, implementation, and periodic review and revision of the Small Grants Programme Country Programme Strategy.
- Review and approve projects in alignment with the Country Programme Strategy following participatory, democratic, impartial, and transparent procedures in line with the Small Grants Programme operational guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical support to the project oversight and implementation at the country level under the Small Grants Programme project document for the operational phase, including project monitoring and evaluation (e.g. field visits).
- Link the Small Grants Programme operations to the relevant global, regional, and national policies and strategies of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and other third-party co-financing.
- Support partnership development and resource mobilization efforts for the Small Grants Programme at project and country levels.
- Support scaling up efforts to mainstream the Small Grants Programme lessons learned and successes in national development planning and policymaking.
How to apply:
Interested organizations should nominate candidates and submit their CVs via email to the National Coordinator at email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is 5 November 2021, 18:00.
Download the Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (SGP) Open Call Terms of Reference here.
More information is available on the GEF Small Grants Programme Georgia website.
Ana Shubitidze, National Coordinator, 599 573436, firstname.lastname@example.org
In Georgia, the GEF Small Grants Programme was launched in 2012. Its current phase (2019-2023) is allocating US$ 500,000 to the initiatives with a geographic scope of the Greater and Lesser Caucasus Mountains, Black Sea coast and Georgia's semi-arid regions. The programme is focused on the environmental and development areas, such as community-based conservation of threatened ecosystems and species, sustainable agriculture and fisheries leading to food security, low-carbon energy access co-benefits and catalyzing sustainable urban solutions. The programme also supports the initiatives that promote social inclusion, among them gender equality and women’s empowerment, helps establish CSO-government-private sector dialogue platforms and contribute to the global knowledge management.