NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction Programme (Tadamon)
The NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction Programme (Tadamon) is focused on supporting Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) from Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member countries (MCs) improve the socio-economic well-being of hard-to-reach communities. As a platform to connect efforts of all partners, Tadamon is committed to building stronger communities and helping the less fortunate.
A Tadamon Accelerator output was added in 2022 to enhance capacity and access to funding for CSOs addressing issues related to the pandemic and its effects, support Resource Mobilization, digital transformation and the transition to more sustainable business models.
NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction is a partnership programme sponsored by The Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD), managed by The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), and implemented by United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- Identify and verify impactful CSOs and support their work to assist refugees and remote communities, create jobs, build resilience and stronger community livelihoods, and help address environmental and energy issues.
- Provide visibility to CSOs’ projects and activities, support better access to alternative finance, and connect them to other potential partners and supporters.
- 33 IsDB Member Countries (MCs) endorsed the program and mapping of national CSOs, 3800 national CSOs from 29 MCs were mapped through a top-down approach. In total over 2760 CSOs signed up to the Tadamon platform, and over 1300 CSOs were verified and vetted.
- 21 Crowdfunding Academy trainings are either completed or under implementation in the areas of organization management, crowdfunding, and innovative financing. 351 CSOs have completed or are in the Crowdfunding Academy training in the areas of organization management, crowdfunding and innovative financing
- 84 campaigns/projects are online and in the fundraising stage or in the soft launch mode, with more than 1.77 million USD collected for their projects/campaigns. Additionally, Tadamon continues to mobilize resources through its partnerships with 19 crowdfunding platforms and fundraising partners. The IsDB/ISFD has released a grant call for proposals for 6 MCs (Tunisia, Morocco, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Somalia, and Lebanon).
- Over USD 72.6 Million mobilized through CSOs, Foundations, and INGOs. Over 29 Development Partners joined the Program.
- Tadamon Accelerator – working with 50 CSOs from 30 countries on 8 months process of acceleration with $ 460k grants.
United Nations Development Programme
ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
from 29 MCs were mapped through a top-down approach.
mobilized through CSOs, Foundations, and INGOs.
Academy trainings are either completed or under implementation in the areas of organization management, crowdfunding, and innovative financing.