NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction Programme (Tadamon)
The NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction Programme (Tadamon) is focused on supporting Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) from Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member countries (MCs) improve the socio-economic well-being of hard-to-reach communities. As a platform to connect efforts of all partners, Tadamon is committed to building stronger communities and helping the less fortunate.
A Tadamon Accelerator output was added in 2022 to enhance capacity and access to funding for CSOs addressing issues related to the pandemic and its effects, support Resource Mobilization, digital transformation and the transition to more sustainable business models.
NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction is a partnership programme sponsored by The Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD), managed by The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), and implemented by United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- Identify and verify impactful CSOs and support their work to assist refugees and remote communities, create jobs, build resilience and stronger community livelihoods, and help address environmental and energy issues.
- Provide visibility to CSOs’ projects and activities, support better access to alternative finance, and connect them to other potential partners and supporters.
- Working in 33 countries that are members from Islamic Development Bank (RBA, RBAS, RBEC, RBAP).
- CSO mapping – over 3500 CSOs have already signed up to Tadamon platform;
- Over 1800 CSOs have been verified and vetted from the governments and UNDP country offices;
- 450 CSOs have completed or are in the Crowdfunding Academy training in the areas of organization management, crowdfunding and innovative financing
- 30 Crowdfunding Academies trainings fully done or in the process of implementation (in 30 countries)
- Tadamon Accelerator – working with 50 CSOs from 30 countries on 8 months process of acceleration with $ 460k grants
- USD 2.2 Mil collected for 80 campaigns/CSOs supported from the project
United Nations Development Programme
ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
have completed or are in the Crowdfunding Academy training
Academies trainings fully done or in the process of implementation (in 30 countries)
collected for 80 campaigns/CSOs supported from the project