Building Back Better through Strengthening the Resilience of Rural Communities in Ararat, Aragatsotn, Armavir and Kotayk Regions
The project is financed by the Government of the Russian Federation and is implemented by UNDP in Armenia in close cooperation with the RA Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure.
What we Do?
The project aims at supporting the socio-economic recovery from the effects of COVID-19 pandemic of the local communities in Ararat, Armavir, Kotayk and Aragatsotn regions helping the rural areas build back better and strengthen their resilience against the likely recurrence of the COVID-19 or similar health crisis.
The Project’s specific objectives are:
- Increase involvement of all segments of the target communities in the recovery planning and monitoring towards building context-specific data on the community level
- Strengthen food security and increase self-sufficiency of rural households through building green and resilient value chains
- Help rural population, including the youth and women, cope with the adversity of COVID-19 through protecting and creating jobs, as well as income generation opportunities
- Support the rural settlements to restore and build back better basic services, including primary healthcare services
Project outcomes and outputs
The project will contribute to UNSDCF/CPD 2021-2025 Outcome 4: People, communities and regions benefit from equitable economic opportunities, decent work and sustainable livelihoods, enabled through competitiveness and inclusive green growth
Output 1.1 Marginalised groups are empowered to gain universal access to basic services and financial and non-financial assets to build productive capacities and benefit from sustainable livelihoods and jobs.
Some results so far
- Created income generating opportunities through establishing 5 new and strengthening capacities in 6 companies. 60 people benefited from increased economic activity in the settlements;
- Modernised 21 kms of central streets lighting system in 9 settlements for the benefit of more than 14,000 people;
- 6 schools and a kindergarten supported with new water pipes.
Ministry of Territorial Admini
GOVERNMENT OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Systems lens into the cities: can we be “on time”?
UNDP Armenia Kolba lab in cooperation with UNDP regional hub and with strong support from Agirre Lehendakaria Center and Chora Foundation embarked on this unknown...
EU Green Agriculture Initiative in Armenia is organising a conference titled “European Experience of Sheep Breeding and its Application in Armenia”
Yerevan, 24 March 2022 - Today, UNDP organised a conference titled “European Experience of Sheep Breeding and its Application in Armenia.” This event is organised...
EU Green Agriculture Initiative in Armenia is opening a new centre for pedigree sheep breeding in Shirak region
Azatan, Shirak region, 22 March 2022 - Today, UNDP and partners officially launched the new “Maqi” genetic centre for pedigree sheep breeding in Azatan community,...