Application deadline extended - Public call for participation of a civil society representative in evaluation commission of CSO grant applications under the ReLOaD2 project in the six partner municipalities
September 7, 2022
Overall objective of the ReLOaD2 project, funded by the EU and implemented by UNDP, is to strengthen participatory democracies and the EU integration process in the Western Balkans by empowering civil society and youth to actively take part in decision making and by stimulating an enabling legal and financial environment for civil society.
The ReLOaD project works with 13 partner municipalities in Albania: Elbasan, Kamëz, Kavajë, Kukës, Lezhë, Lushnje, Patos, Përmet, Korçë, Roskovec, Sarandë, Tiranë and Shkodër, and collaborates on adopting transparent, development-oriented and project-based approach to funding of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) focusing on its citizens and their needs.
In this context, the ReLOaD2 project in Albania and six partner municipalities: Kamëz, Kavajë, Kukës, Lushnje, Patos and Sarandë, has launched the Youth Dedicated Public Call for project proposals from CSOs. CSOs are invited to apply based on the criteria of each call. To complete the selection of project proposals submitted from CSOs, an evaluation commission will be set in each partner municipality, with a CSO representative member.
Therefore, to ensure a transparent and open process of selection of project proposals submitted from CSOs, the ReLOaD2 project announces Public Call for the presence of a CSO representative in the Evaluation Commissions of CSO grant applications in the six partner municipalities of Kamëz, Kavajë, Kukës, Lushnjë, Patos and Sarandë.
The evaluation process is tentatively scheduled for October – November 2022. The evaluation process will be conducted based on the Guidelines prepared from ReLOaD2 project and will last 1-2 days for each partner municipality.
The CSO representative in the Evaluation Commission shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- CSO representative shall be a voting member in the Evaluation Commission and perform evaluation in line with the ReLOaD2 regulations;
- The CSO representative must participate in the evaluation commission from the beginning to the end;
- The CSO representative will sign a confidentiality and impartiality statement and keep all the information regarding the evaluation process confidential;
- The CSO representative will sign jointly evaluation commission report and confirm the findings and provide additional comments related to the work of the evaluation commission, if and when necessary.
The applicants for the Evaluation Commission must be a member and/or a full-time employee of a CSOs legally established/registered in Albania and shall meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience and skills in conducting an impartial, fair, and transparent evaluation of grant applications of CSO projects. Experience with EU grant awarding schemes will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in preparing and / or implementing projects financed from public sources, especially at the local level;
- Knowledge of the applicable legal basis, strategic documents, policy priorities, and methodologies in the field of disbursement of public funds to CSOs and youth;
- Knowledge of principles of Project Cycle Management (PCM);
- Fluency in spoken and written Albanian and English is required.
The candidates must submit the following documents in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An updated CV (specifying previous experience in the fields mentioned in the criteria section);
- A Motivation Letter (stating the expression of interest for participation in the Evaluation Commission, as well as confirming availability for the evaluation process; specifying the municipality/ies where s/he prefers to participate);
- A Statement from the CSO's legal representative authorising the candidate to represent the respective CSO in the Evaluation Commission.
The CSO representative shall be working pro bono/free of charge. The project will cover basic expenses, including transportation, accommodation, and meals during the evaluation process.
The CSOs of which the selected candidate is a member and/or a full-time employee is NOT eligible to apply (neither as a lead applicant CSO nor as a partner to the applicant CSO) to the public calls for submission of CSO project proposals within the ReLOaD2 project in the partner municipalities where the candidate is selected to be member of the Evaluation Commission.
Final deadline for submitting the application is 4 October 2022.
If further information is required, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Strengthening relationship between local governments and CSOs is necessary for building a better future in the region
Public call for participation of a civil society representative in evaluation commission of CSO grant applications under the ReLOaD2 project in the six partner municipalities
Business #2030 Conference: Leading the way to a sustainable future for Albanian companies
The United Nations in Albania and the Embassy of Sweden in Tirana are organizing the Business #2030 Conference, taking place on May 31st and June 1st at the Palac...