Strengthening MSME Business Membership Organizations in Ukraine: Phase II
Micro-, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) provide work for more than 4 million people in Ukraine. The Ukrainian government has been increasing its efforts to undertake economic reforms and create a business-enabling environment for enterprises, and to strengthen the position of MSMEs in the economy. Business membership organizations (BMOs) are an essential component of the business support infrastructure.
During the period from 2015 to 2018, in cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade and with the financial support from Swiss government, UNDP supported BMOs through Phase I of the “Strengthening SME Business Membership Organizations” Project.
Goals and Objectives:
The objective of the project’s Phase II is to scale-up the support for the MSME sector in Ukraine and improve its competitiveness through developing more professional, demand-driven and client-oriented BMOs.
The objective will be achieved by strengthening organizational development, improving the governance and operational management of BMOs, facilitating access to and utilization of business development services by MSMEs, as well as facilitating a professional public-private dialogue to improve the regulatory framework and overall business environment for MSMEs. Due consideration will be given to women’s economic empowerment and promoting “green” practices among MSMEs.
· MSME sector representativeness through professional BMOs has increased;
· MSMEs increasingly benefit from business development services provided by BMOs to enhance their competitiveness;
· The business environment for MSMEs is improved through an inclusive, representative and effective public-private dialogue.
· Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine
· SME Development Office
1) Association "Ukrainian Association of Furniture Makers"
2) Association of Milk Producers
3) Association of Industrial Automation Enterprises of Ukraine
4) NGO "Vinnytsia Regional Organization" Union of Entrepreneurs "Wall"
5) NGO "Union for the Promotion of Rural Green Tourism in Ukraine"
6) Public organization "Interaction-Plus"
7) Non-Governmental Organization "MLT Business Women's Club"
8) NGO "Business People Club of Ukraine"
9) NGO Platform "Ukrainian Platform for Women in Business"
10) Public Union "Association of Managers and Managers of Residential Real Estate"
11) Carpathian Taste Public Union
12) Public Union "Organic Ukraine"
13) Public Union "Poltava Business Association"
14) Public Union "Interregional Union of Poultry and Feed Producers of Ukraine"
15) Public Union Western Ukrainian Fashion Industry Cluster
16) Donetsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry
17) Zaporozhye Chamber of Commerce and Industry
18) Ivano-Frankivsk Chamber of Commerce and Industry
19) League of Business and Professional Women of Ukraine
20) Odessa Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry
21) Sumy Chamber of Commerce and Industry
22) CCI of Ukraine
23) Ukrainian Association of Visual Industry
24) Ukrainian Association of Light Industry Enterprises "Ukrlegprom"
25) Ukrainian Door Association
26) Kharkiv Regional Non-Governmental Organization "Association of Private Employers"
United Nations Development Programme
State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Reconstruction Based on Integrity: The Road to a New Ukraine
The Business Integrity Month – a traditional initiative launched by the Ukrainian Network of Integrity and Compliance (UNIC), kicked off today. A series of events...
Speeding up implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights for sustainable recovery in the war setting
With support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Ukraine and the Government of Japan, at the initiative of Mamutov Institute of Economic and L...
Business associations and enterprises unite to support Ukraine’s economic recovery
UNDP and the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UCCI) strengthen links between Ukrainian and international business communities at Fifth National SME Dev...
“Respect for human rights by business is extremely important for sustainable and rapid economic recovery”, UNDP expert
How can business improve human rights due diligence? This issue was discussed during a round table on “Consumer Protection under Martial Law” dedicated to World C...