UNDP launches crisis management platform to support businesses during war
September 8, 2022
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), together with the Dnipro and Chernihiv Chambers of Commerce and Industry, are to organize a series of webinars and online meetings to help businesses to stay in business so they can continue serving communities despite the challenging circumstances of war. The advisory platform was developed for representatives of micro, small and medium-sized businesses (MSMEs) and local self-government bodies that work with businesses, public organizations and business associations. The sessions will take place on the Crisis Management Platform "United Economic Front of Two Oblasts" from September-November 2022.
The following topics will be covered:
- Possibilities of attracting financial assistance for business.
- MSME support from the state. Real cases, opportunities and risks. Diia.business.
- Personnel and legal issues during the war.
- How to protect and retain your employees. Termination of employment contracts. The most common personnel issues during military operations.
- Tax and legal issues. Effective personnel management.
- Preferential export regime to the EU, Great Britain, and European Free Trade Association countries. Convention Pan-Euro-Med.
- Execution of contracts and terms of payment. Transport, customs procedures, force majeure, access to components and raw materials.
- Markets and sales. Inflation. Industrial production. State procurement.
- Forecasts for recovery, business liquidity problems, the fall in the revenue part of the state budget, the state of the labour market, the consistency and adequacy of economic reforms.
- Taxation of enterprises and PEs during martial law.
The initiative is organized by the Dnipro and Chernihiv Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of UNDP within the UN Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme and the European Union's financial support.
Media enquiries: Yuliia Samus, UNDP Ukraine Communications Lead; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum dedicated to Int’l Day of Persons with Disabilities stresses solutions through innovation
To mark the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, the Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine organized the "Philosophy of Capacity" forum in Kyiv. The eve...
Mr. Giles Duley appointed as the first United Nations Global Advocate for persons with disabilities in conflict and peacebuilding situations
The United Nations appointed Mr. Giles Duley on 3 December, the International Day for Persons with Disabilities, as the first United Nations Global Advocate for p...
The European Union provides EUR 1.8 million for Crisis Response and Renewal in Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova
A financial top-up under the auspices of the Mayors for Economic Growth Facility supports the crisis immediate response and recovery & long-term renewal of Moldov...
The importance of promoting good governance – even in wartime
Local authorities across the front lines in Ukraine attend seminars on good governance principles and practices