The purpose of UNDP’s Social Media Spaces is to reach out to an audience regarding the work and activities of UNDP.
The term “Social Media Spaces” refers to the profiles and features of social media channels and networks that are used by UNDP, which may include, but are not limited to the following:
and their related features.
In addition, Users agree to comply with all local laws and regulations regarding online conduct and acceptable content and the transmission of personal data.
Disclaimers and Member Conduct
The Users are entirely responsible for all information, data, messages, or other materials that Users post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available via UNDP’s Social Media Spaces ("Content"). UNDP does not control such Content except as described below and, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.
Users understand and agree that by using UNDP’s Social Media Spaces, Users may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will UNDP be liable in any way for any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred because of the use of any Content.
Users agree to not use UNDP’s Social Media Spaces to, among others:
- post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in exchanges;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that the user does not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the page;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- stalk or otherwise harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other users.
Users acknowledge and agree that UNDP does not pre-screen Content, but that UNDP shall have the right (but not the obligation), in its sole discretion, to edit, delete, refuse or remove any Content.
- Users acknowledge and agree that UNDP may preserve Content and may also disclose Content at its sole discretion for any purposes that it sees fit.
Content submitted or made available for inclusion on the pages
UNDP does not claim ownership of Content. UNDP only claims ownership over self-generated content created by UNDP for inclusion on UNDP’s Social Media Spaces.
General practices regarding use and storage
Users acknowledge and agree that UNDP may, at its own discretion, establish general practices and limits concerning the use and storage of UNDP’s Social Media Spaces, including without limitation the maximum number of days that message, postings, or other uploaded Content will be retained by the space, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) Users may access the pages in a given period of time. Users agree that UNDP has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted via the UNDP’s Social Media Spaces.
UNDP reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, UNDP’s Social Media Spaces (or any part thereof) and it shall not be liable to the Users or to any third party for their modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
User agrees that UNDP may terminate or suspend a User's access to UNDP's Social Media Spaces, and remove and discard any Content within the spaces, in case of User violate this ToU, or for any reason that UNDP sees fit and without liability for UNDP.
Use of Languages
The languages of corporate UNDP’s Social Media Spaces are English, Spanish and French. UNDP might not have the resources to respond to Content posted in languages other than English. However, local and regional UNDP Social Media Spaces might use other languages to respond to their audiences.
UNDP reserves the right to change these TOU at any time. Users are encouraged to refer to these ToU on an ongoing basis so that Users understand UNDP’s latest policy.
If Users have any questions about these ToUs, they should use the contact information available on the respective UNDP Social Media Space or use our contact page.