Local Initiatives for Improved Social Inclusion of Young Roma
About the Project:
The project supports skills development and employment of young Roma within local-level institutions to develop, implement and monitor Roma inclusion policies at the local level. Project focus:
- To improve the lives of young Roma men and women and respond to a lack of representation of Roma in national and local institutions, while at the same time capacitating local institutions to better respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals;
- Work with local authorities to increase their commitment towards Roma inclusion by facilitating Roma employment in local institutions (Centers for Social Work, Local Economic Development Offices, Trustee Offices for refugees and displaced persons, National Employment Service branch offices, etc.);
- Advocate for the interests of Roma community at the local level, by working together with various stakeholders to achieve sustainable results.
- 65 selected young Roma increased their knowledge on human rights, discrimination, legally invisible people, stateless persons, internaly displaced persons and returnees; vulnerable group rights (access to social welfare, employment, education);functioning of mechanisms for social inclusion and Roma inclusion at the local level.
- Young Roma women and men were placed in local government institutions and local non-governmental organizations in the communities they live in so that they can contribute to, and advocate for the political, social and economic inclusion of Roma and other vulnerable populations in Serbia.
- Out of 65 UNVs engaged, 26 continued employment or got employed after the volunteering process.
- Association of young volunteers is established as a network of 65 young Roma men and women.
Download a short summary of the project.
Govt. of Rep. Of Serbia
GOVERNMENT OF NORWAY
GOVERNMENT OF TURKEY
Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs
UN HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR)
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Your Business One Step Ahead of Everyone Else’s
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Development Agency of Serbia (DAS) invite owners and employees of small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) to enro...
The Short Guide to ESG
In the business world, issues of sustainability, social responsibility, and good governance are becoming increasingly important. The concept of ESG (Environment, ...
How to make your business be one step ahead of everyone else
If you have a small- or medium-size enterprise, you might already be familiar with the concept of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance). This abbreviation re...
New Sustainable Investment Opportunities in Serbia
The "Sustainable Investment Promotion" forum was held today in the Palace of Serbia, organised by the Government of the Republic of Serbia and UNDP.