[Closed] Support to Confidence Building Measures Programme (III)
|Duration:||2012 – 2014|
|Focus Area:||Inclusive Growth|
|Partners:||Line ministries, regional and municipal authorities, community-based organizations, international, national and local NGOs active in the Transnistrian region|
|Project Document:||Support to Confidence Building Measures Programme (III)|
|Final Report:||Support to Confidence Building Measures Programme (III) - Final Report|
|See more information about the project on the transparency portal.|
The Programme contributes to confidence building between both banks of the Nistru river by involving local authorities, civil society organisations, business community and other stakeholders, as well as through economic and social development of local communities.
It aims to ensure that ongoing efforts at the political (5+2 informal and formal talks) and technical levels (confidence building working groups) are supported by development and confidence building initiatives at the community level that seek to create an environment conducive to dialogue and cooperation at all levels.
Through its activities, the Programme helps reduce misperceptions and mistrust and increase confidence between people on both banks of the Nistru river and improve their quality of life.
The Programme improves the capacities of economic entities from the Transnistrian region for economic integration and access to EU market as well as boosts cross-river cooperation among business actors on both banks. It has 5 areas of intervention:
- Business development
- Civil society
- Social infrastructure renovation through local development
- Health care
- Environment protection
Enhance economic development and contribute to economic rapprochement between the two banks of the Nistru river by promoting cross-river exchanges and expanding the range of catalytic business support services;
- Empower local communities and actors from both sides to participate in collaborative projects addressing pressing development needs and ensure the delivery of essential public services;
- Address common environmental development concerns by creating opportunities and platforms for joint collaboration from both banks;
- Foster civil society development by enhancing the capacity of NGOs to generate activities which promote cross-river collaboration and addressing key development needs.
- At least 200 Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) benefit from better business support services and improved management skills; at least 50 cross-river exchanges promoted;
- Communities empowered to participate in addressing local development needs with at least 40 social infrastructure projects implemented;
- Capacity of civil society organisations strengthened to address pressing social and community needs; at least 30 cross-river NGO partnerships supported;
- Increased contacts between actors on both banks in the social, cultural, economic and environmental sectors;
- Increased trust and confidence between citizens on both sides of the Nistru River.
|2012||1,445,807 Euro||264,170 Euro||1,699,758 Euro|
|2013||5,299,328 Euro||590,080 Euro||4,945,463 Euro|
|2014||2,754,866 Euro||245,749 Euro||3,448,512 Euro|