There is little evidence on the causal impact of interventions to reduce xenophobia and improve the integration of migrants into receiving societies.
On this page you can access the results of experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of different communication campaigns, carried out in nine countries in the region and details of the experiments, including the videos used in the interventions, so that they can be widely used. A statistical annex is also presented with results that complement the discussion of the book.
This is the product of a joint research initiative with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), whose purpose is to improve the welfare conditions of the migrant population in LAC, by correcting perception errors.
The page also hosts nine country studies published in the UNDP LAC Policy Papers series that document the migration phenomenon and the response of governments. These studies are part of the UNDP effort to contribute to the understanding and approach of a problem that is central to the development of the region.
Online statistical annex
UNDP LAC Country studies
- Migration in Mexico: complexities and challenges, Elena Sánchez-Montijano and Roberto Zedillo.
- Migration in the Dominican Republic: context, challenges and opportunities, Daniel Morales and Catherine Rodríguez.
- Migration situation in Chile: trends and policy responses in the period 2000-2021, Carolina Stefoni and Dante Contreras.
- Migration and migration policy in Ecuador in the period 2000-2021, Gioconda Herrera.
- Migration in Colombia and public policy responses, Sebastián Bitar.
- Recent migration to Peru: situation, policy responses and opportunities, María Cecilia Dedios and Felipe Ruiz.
- Recent migration policies to address migration in Costa Rica, Laura Solís and Jason Hernández.
- Migration in Trinidad and Tobago: Current Tends and Policies, Elizabeth Thomas-Hope.
- Migration in Barbados: What do we know?, Natalie Dietrich Jones.