The United Nations development Programme (UNDP) works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, and institutional capabilities as well as build resilience in order to sustain development results.
To fulfill the aims of the Strategic Plan with the multi-dimensionality and complexity that the 2030 Agenda demands, UNDP is implementing six cross-cutting approaches to development, known as Signature
- Keeping people out of poverty
- Governance for peaceful, just, and inclusive societies
- Crisis prevention and increased resilience
- Environment: nature-based solutions for development
- Women's empowerment and gender equality
- Clean, affordable energy