The decisions we make today will impact every generation to come.
COP27: The UN Climate Change Conference
November 4, 2022
07 - 18 November 2022
Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt
The last seven years have been the hottest ever recorded. We are rapidly approaching dangerous tipping points for human health and safety, ecosystems, and property and infrastructure.
However, the climate and nature crises are not inevitable. We know what we need to do, and how to make our planet clean, sustainable, and equitable. Now we need the political will and investment. The decisions we make today will impact every generation to come.
COP27, taking place in Sharm El-Sheikh, is an opportunity to move the needle. UNDP calls on all governments, private sector, civil society, and communities to champion and invest in responding to this global emergency, and in supporting countries to realize their pledges on climate action.
To deliver on the commitments made, we need to scale-up the political will, technical and financial support to drive the much-needed transformation toward net zero and climate-resilient pathways. The world has made promises through NDCs – now we must fulfil them.
UNDP at COP27 collaborations:
- Our UNDP Pavilion will be the site of various side events and presentations. Have a look at our agenda, including our flagship event on Advancing Nationally Determined Contributions.
- UNDP’s Flagship Event in partnership with UNFCCC and ILO “Advancing Nationally Determined Contributions: Signs of Progress” will be on November 15th, on advancing the implementation of, and investments in, the NDCs. Register here.
- "UNDP Hour": A daily hour-long broadcast from the COP27 venue through our partnership with We Don’t Have Time initiative. A daily highlight of the broadcast hour will be distributed to TV newsrooms across the globe.
- Frankie the Dinosaur will make a physical appearance at the COP venue to deliver a clear climate action message: "Don't Choose Extinction".
- People from all over the world are sending their messages to world leaders about what action they want them to take on the climate. Watch them on www.dearworldleaders.org. If you’re at COP27, make sure you visit the exhibition in the Blue Zone and see the videos in person. Share your message on social media using #DearWorldLeaders.
Interregional educational and practical forum “Forests of Ukraine: European Integration, War, Climate Change and Modern Reforms”
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Ukraine, in partnership with the Professional Association of Environmentalists of Ukraine and with financial su...