Multi-country survey on the socio-economic vulnerabilities of the Roma in Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine
Roma Survey in Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine
The survey aims to build a robust data set for effective evidence-based decision-making on policies that promote Roma inclusion in order to narrow the gap between Roma and non-Roma populations with regard to multi-dimensional poverty and access to socio-economic rights in Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
- Understand the socio-economic risks facing the Roma community through vulnerability assessments in selected Roma and neighbouring communities in Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine, including communities hosting Roma refugees or Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
- Inform policy making, programme design and implementation through quantitative and qualitative investigating selected topics related to Roma exclusion and challenges facing Roma, Roma refugees and IDPs in Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
- Construct a digital social vulnerability index - an online tool illustrating access to public social services exclusion faced by Roma and vulnerable non-Roma.
- Build the capacities of policymakers to use data in policy-making processes including those related to the EU accession agenda and chapter 23 on Fundamental rights.
- Map thoroughly communities with significant Roma population and create ownership by local CSO and government counterparts.
- Set up an analytical and monitoring framework that follows the human rights-based approach applied by the Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) in EU member states.
- A mapping of Roma settlements, host settlements for IDPs and refugees and community assessments to inform policy and programme efforts, including recovery efforts from the impact of the war in Ukraine to ensure adequate funding and that efforts are truly inclusive and leave no-one behind.
- Accessible results and datasets at aggregated multi-country and country levels to aid up-to-date diagnostics for monitoring and developing policies to promote the social inclusion of Roma.
- A framework tracing the progress of Roma in the realization of their social and economic inclusion rights, that will support the participating countries in reporting to EU as part of the EU accession process.
of Roma settlements
results and datasets at aggregated multi-country and country levels
tracing the progress of Roma in the realization of their social and economic inclusion rights