Results at a glance
Development progress in numbers
- 27 million people were stronger in the face of climate change.
- 256 million tonnes of carbon emissions cut.
- 31 million people had better services to keep them out of poverty.
- US$1+billion invested to strengthen resilience to crises.
- 140 countries supported to move closer to meeting their Paris pledges.
Inclusive and effective democratic governance
- Supported elections around the world on average every week.
- 89 countries partnered with us to reform discriminatory laws.
- 21 million people registered to vote in 2018.
- 3 million displaced people in 12 countries received basic services such as housing and energy.
- 6.3 million people received HIV testing and counselling.
- 4 million people living in, or recovering from, crisis got a job or improved their livelihoods.
- 15 countries supported to develop or implement strategies to prevent violent extremism.
For more information, visit UNDP's Annual Report.