Cambodia Sustainable Landscape and Ecotourism Project (CSLEP)
Achievements to Date (2023)
Information System and Decision Support (ISDS)/ Cambodia Environmental Management Information System (CEMIS)
- A new web-platform on CEMIS has been developed and was officially launched in May 2023 by the Minister of Environment. The platform is now shared with various stakeholders for testing and validation.
- Through the CEMIS, the government can leverage advances in information and communication technologies, and cutting-edge science for evidence based and informed decision making on natural resources management. (including protected areas).
- A new Decision Support System (DSS) for reliable zonation of Protected Areas in Cambodia has been deployed for testing in three different project sites in October 2023 and expected to launch in 2024.
- A high-performance IT infrastructure and server for CEMIS/ISDS has been setup using the latest generation of hardware and software.
- The roadmap for the operationalization of sustainable financing solutions and recommendations to improve revenue management was developed. This is key to identify and generate consensus on key actions to remove the barriers for scaling up finance for protected areas and establishing partnerships to implement them.
- Prioritized financing solutions include REDD+, Payments for Ecosystem Services, ecotourism, blended finance.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Improvement in the overall loan implementation through the development of quality work plans and project progress reports and the introduction of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) tools such as the quarterly progress tools, beneficiaries’ satisfaction survey, job creation indicators.
United Nations Development Programme
GOVERNMENT OF CAMBODIA
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS