At the World Water Forum, on March 24, 2022, World Water Day, the Global Water Partnership (GWP) launched the new GWP Toolbox – IWRM Action Hub. The IWRM Action Hub is a platform in providing knowledge and action for water resources management.
As part of the GWP Toolbox, the Global Water Partnership (GWP), the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), and the Water and Climate Coalition launched a competition which aims to collect and identify practical and innovative water and climate solutions contribution to combat the effects of drought, flood, and water resources management.
The MINIMAX Competition is a competition for solutions for Managing Water and Climate Extremes and is open to all initiatives that contribute to improving flood, drought and water resources management. This competition, which will be hosted on the GWP Toolbox https://www.gwp.org/en/learn/iwrm-toolbox/About_IWRM_ToolBox/ , aims to identify innovative water and climate solutions that MINIMISE the negative impacts of hydroclimatic extremes and MAXIMISE social, economic, and environmental impact.
Goals of the competition:
· Inspire action by providing practical and innovative insights on overcoming challenges that motivates actors to develop new water and climate solutions.
· Build bridges between the water and climate communities and demonstrating how water action can lead to fostering climate adaptation and mitigation.
· Accelerate change through scaling up and replicating innovative solutions by strengthening collaboration between stakeholders from various sectors and working at different levels
The solutions submitted, should cover one of the following themes:
1. Enhancing water and climate finance
2. Developing climate smart water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)
3. Empowering and engaging youth meaningfully
4. Leveraging water data and information
How do you submit?
· Visit the GWP Toolbox, IWRM Action Hub https://www.gwptoolbox.org/minimax-competition for registration and submission of the MINIMAX Solutions.
· Enter between 24 March and 1 June 2022.
· Submitters are also encouraged to upload media content and links to their websites.
What are the prizes:
· MINIMAX Solutions will be featured on the GWP Toolbox: IWRM Action Hub, the Integrated Drought Management Programme and Associated Programme on Flood Management websites.
· There will be four (4) Minimax Competition winners, one for each of the key priority areas.
· The four winners will be invited to present their MINIMAX Solution at an on-site session during the Stockholm World Water Week in August 2022.
· The winners will be announced on 1 July 2022.
· MINIMAX Story submitters will also benefit from networking events and workshops organized as part of the Water and Climate Coalition’s Activity Market Place.