Solomon Islands Rural Electrification Project
The project is facilitating the increased access to electricity in rural communities in Solomon Islands. It is working towards five indicators and these include:
- Cumulative incremental greenhouse gas emission reduction from the electricity sector in rural areas
- National electric energy index
- Cumulative fossil fuel savings due to sustainable energy and low carbon interventions implemented
- Percentage electricity access in rural areas
- Number of new jobs created due to enhanced electricity access in off-grid areas in the country
Min of Mines,Energy &RuralElec
Global Environment Fund Truste
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PRO
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Commissioning of the Solar Energy Installation in Bau Island, Fiji
It is a pleasure and honour to join you this morning at this historic event to commission the solar energy installation in the Chiefly Island of Bau. This initiat...
Electrifying Vanuatu’s islands using solar, powered by carbon finance
The Swiss Federal Office for the Environment and the Government of Vanuatu have authorized the first carbon reduction project in the South Pacific country of Vanu...
Liro Community on Paama Island enjoy new Solar PV Nano-Grid
People of Paama Island in Malampa Province have a reason to smile today with the newly installed 9.9 Kw Solar PV Nano-grid, the first of its kind in Vanuatu to pr...
Promotion of renewable energy and rural electricity through the SPIRES website
The Solomon Islands Government, through the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Rural Electrification (MMERE), Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Disaster Managem...