How do we use innovation, digitalization and financing to accelerate the SDGs in North Macedonia and leave no one behind
Open Call for Essays/Articles: National Publication on the Sustainable Development Goals
October 27, 2023
The Institute for Human Rights on behalf of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) country office in Skopje, North Macedonia announces an open call for essays/articles.
GOAL OF THE PUBLICATION
To bring together authors and their written contributions [in the form of essays/articles] for a UNDP publication thematically adjacent with the Sustainable Development Goals, and how we can accelerate their achievements in North Macedonia.
THEME OF THE PUBLICATION
The sustainable development goals, and how to accelerate their achievement in North Macedonia, taking into consideration the Leave no one behind (LNOB) principle.
THE IDEAS ON WHICH WE ARE SOLICITING ARTICLES SHOULD:
- Focus, address one or more of the 17 SDGs, while focusing on North Macedonia.
- Focus on innovation, digitalization, or financing as enablers that can help accelerate the achievement of the SDGs.
- Provide a diagnosis of the current situation in the country, but also provide proposed policies, solutions, and pathways to address the situation by government, civil society, and the private sector to build societies that are inclusive, sustainable and just, and leave no one behind.
- Address the synergies of the selected goals/s with the Leave no one behind principle, which focuses on ending discrimination and exclusion, and reducing the inequalities and vulnerabilities among people.
- Articles that take into consideration the SDGs/indicators where UNDP is a custodian, and/or focuses its work on North Macedonia will be welcomed.
- Articles that take into consideration the interlinkages between the SDG’s and the human rights principles would also be welcomed.
OUTLOOK OF THE PUBLICATION
- The final publication should have minimum 10 essays, including essays that touch upon different SDGs.
- Each essay/article should not be longer than 3,000 words.
- All essays/articles should be written in English.
- Authors are free to use both original and existing data in preparing their papers.
- All authors should use Harvard style of referencing for their articles.
- All interested authors should submit an abstract, no longer than 300 words, outlining their idea, as well as 5 keywords that summarize the core idea behind their essay/article. The authors should also include their short biography, no longer than 500 words, as an accompanying document.
- All submissions should be sent to email@example.com no later than November 5th , 2023, with the subject line ‘Submission for National Publication on SDGs’.
- Texts that are coauthored are eligible for acceptance as well. If an author is selected for this national publication, they will have to submit the full final version of their text, no later than the 30th of November 2023.
- The financial compensation for the selected texts, is 5,500 MKD, subject to personal income tax deduction.
We encourage anyone interested, including academics, students, CSOs representatives, and individuals from the private sector, to apply!
PUBLICATION AND PROMOTION
The selected authors and texts will be published in a UNDP national study, and the publication will be showcased at a public event taking place in Skopje.
Brazil's Role on the Global Stage to Advance Sustainable Development Goals underlined by UNDP Administrator
UNDP Administrator Achim Steiner concluded a three-day official visit to Brazil during which he engaged in high-level discussions with a range of senior Governmen...
The Government of Seychelles and UNDP enter partnership to enhance capacities of SDG-aligned taxation.
The Government of Seychelles and the United Nations Development Programme have signed a Country Engagement Plan (CEP) aimed at bolstering capacities for SDG-align...
Trainings of Experts of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council Held in Serbia
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Serbia and the Ministry of Tourism and Youth of the Republic of Serbia, with the support of the Global Sustainable ...