European Union and UNDP launch a competition of media articles on debunking myths in the energy sector
November 23, 2022
Journalists from the Republic of Moldova are invited to participate in a competition of media articles on debunking myths in the energy sector, launched by the European Union’s programme "Addressing the impacts of the energy crisis in the Republic of Moldova", implemented by UNDP Moldova.
The competition is open from 23 November 2022 until 31 March 2023. Submitted articles should cover in a professional manner topics related to the energy sector, with an emphasis on debunking myths which refer to the use of electricity, natural gas, fuels, and renewable energy, as well as its impact on alleviating the impacts of climate change.
The evaluation of the materials will be carried out taking into consideration:
- the complexity of the article;
- the quality of documenting;
- the originality of piece and added social value;
- data presentation and use of visualisation tools;
- compliance with professional and ethical standards in the process of documenting and accessing the information.
- impact potential that the article is likely to create
Each submitted portfolio should contain at least three materials published between 1 January 2022 and 31 March 2023, the CV of the author or authors, if a team of journalists will participate in the competition.
Three prizes each in three categories will be awarded:
- PRINTED AND ONLINE MEDIA (for materials published in newspapers and on websites);
- RADIO (for materials in audio version, including podcast);
- TV (for materials in video version).
A jury formed by media professionals and experts in the energy field will examine the works admitted to the contest and will select the winning articles.
The materials can be submitted in electronic version (link to the publication), print version, audio and video via e-mail address: email@example.com with the subject “Competition of materials to debunk myths in the energy sector”, sent by post or brought in a sealed envelope to the address at 131, August 31 Str., UNDP Moldova, with the inscription Competition of materials to debunk myths in the energy sector. Contact person: Veronica Herta, Component Manager, UNDP Moldova.