EnGenDER: Driving resilience and sustainable change in the Caribbean
October 19, 2023
24 October 2023
9:00 AM (Panama)
Marriott Albrook Mall Hotel, Amador II Room
EnGenDER is a multidisciplinary initiative contributing to global efforts to combat climate change and enhance gender equality in the Caribbean. It is a collaborative effort that involves stakeholders from regional and international institutions, government bodies, and local communities across the Caribbean. Its mission is to integrate gender equality and human-rights-based approaches into disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, and environmental management through capacity building, technical and financial assistance, and the provision of valuable goods.
- To share successes, insights, gaps and lessons learnt related to the integration of gender equality and human-rights-based approaches into disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, and environmental management.
- To motivate stakeholders to think differently, take initiative, or be inspired to explore new ideas or possibilities related to efforts to combat climate change and enhance gender equality in the Caribbean.
- Welcome and overview – Dr. Marium Alleyne, EnGenDER Project Manager
- Inclusive Aquaponics for A Resilient Saint Lucia – Dr. Kurt Prospere, EnGenDER Saint Lucia
- Climate Smart Fisheries Project in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Working Towards a Climate Resilient Dominica – Ms. Noretta John, SVG National Project Assistant-EnGenDER Project and Ms. Alice Darlymple, National Project Assistant, EnGenDER, Dominica
- Closing Panel Discussion and Engagement with the audience – Ms. Kareitha Gill, UNDP
Climate change’s impact on coastal flooding to increase 5-times over this century, putting over 70 million people in the path of expanding floodplains, according to new UNDP and CIL data
Blue Economies and Nature-based Solutions
This resource guide provides advice on how to better integrate marine and coastal components within National Determined Contributions (NDCs) for enhanced climate ...
The private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean as a key actor in the implementation of the Paris Agreement
This event, organized by UNDP, will bring together representatives of leading companies in the region, such as Toyota, Mabe, Allinfra and Credicorp, to share expe...
Increasing the ambition and channelling funds for blue NDCs
This October 23, join UNDP for a vital discussion on mobilizing finance for blue carbon initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean.