Gov-X: A One-stop Mobile Application For Public E-services
August 28, 2023
Vientiane, August 28, 2023 - The national Digital Transformation agenda aims to digitalize government services for the Lao people through three pillars: digital economy, digital society and digital government. As part of this process, the Ministry of Technology and Communications, with support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), today launched the Gov-X application - a new mobile app that aims to improve the delivery and accessibility of government services to citizens, businesses, and government officials in Lao PDR.
This application was developed as part of the national strategy to transform digital governance and is a significant step towards establishing a new standard and model for digital governance. It is part of the Ministry of Technology and Communications' Digital Government Strategy, which aims to make government services more accessible, efficient, and transparent. The new application is now available for free download on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
“The Gov-X app is a major step forward in our efforts to improve the delivery of government one-stop shop services to the people of Lao PDR through mobile phones,” said HE. Dr. Boviengkham Vongdara, Minister of Technology and Communications. “I would like to thank UNDP for supporting us in making this service application possible.”
The Ministry of Technology and Communications is working with UNDP and other partners to develop a number of other digital government initiatives, including a national e-government portal and a cloud-based data center.
“We trust that Gov-X will demonstrate how Lao PDR can leverage the benefits of digital technology to make government services more available and accessible to more citizens at a lower cost,” said Ms. Catherine Phuong, Officer-In-Charge, UNDP Lao PDR. “I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Digital Government Center at the Ministry of Technology and Communications for their persistent efforts to develop this application.”
The Gov-X app is a significant milestone in the Government's efforts to improve the delivery of government services to the people of Lao PDR. The application is user-friendly and provides citizens with access to a wide range of important services. The Gov-X app is a valuable tool that will help make government services more accessible, efficient, and transparent.
The Gov-X app features a variety of services, including:
- G-Form: A compilation of the main forms and templates that are publicly available for citizens and government officials to use. This includes forms for a variety of government services, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and passport request forms.
- Social Welfare Status Check: A service that allows citizens to check their eligibility for social welfare benefits. This includes benefits such as pensions, healthcare, and education assistance.
- Business Registration License Check: A service that allows businesses to check the status of their business registration license.
- G-Office: A tracking system that allows citizens to monitor the status of their government documents. This includes documents such as passports, visas, and land titles.
- Khangpanya: A link to the Ministry of Education and Sports knowledge center. This provides citizens with access to a variety of educational resources, such as textbooks, lesson plans, and teacher guides.
- Digital Driving License: A digital version of a driving license that can be used to verify a driver's identity and eligibility to drive. This eliminates the need for citizens to carry a physical driving license, which can easily be lost or stolen. This feature is under development with related ministries and will be available very soon.
The platform is also open to more e-services in the future.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Aksonethip Somvorachit
Communication Analyst, UNDP
+856 20 5502 1550
Official Opening of the Staff Accommodation and Facilities for the UXO Lao teams in Xiengkhouang
Deminers and UXO Lao staff in Xiengkhouang, Pek District, have new accommodations and facilities where they can eat, relax and rest in comfortable conditions afte...
Wildlife Heroes: Thailand x Lao PDR Cross-Border Innovation for Wildlife Conservation
What first comes to your mind when you hear “illegal wildlife trade”? Mafia, arrests, crime, something very serious on which I have little power… The list goes on...
A Study On Ordnance Depth Distribution In Lao PDR
The process of releasing land from the threat of landmines, submunitions and other explosive ordnance, is one of risk management. The principle that survey and...
Preliminary Assessment of the Regulatory Framework and Policy Coherence regarding Responsible Business Conduct in Lao PDR
The Preliminary Assessment of the Regulatory Framework and Policy Coherence regarding Responsible Business Conduct in Lao PDR assesses the current status of legis...