The regional EU4Climate project helps governments in six EU Eastern Partner countries - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine in implementing the Paris Agreement and improving climate policies and legislation.
The project goal
Integration of low-emissions and climate resilience objectives into development policies and plans in the Republic of Belarus promoting economic diversity.
National Implementing Partner
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus
European Union (EU)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Project start in Belarus
- Implementation and update of the Nationally Determined Contribution to the Paris Agreement;
- Development of Long-Term Low GHG Emission Development Strategies;
- Development of recommendations on alignment of the policy of the Republic of Belarus with EU climate acquison climate change mitigation and adaptation matters;
- Adaptation planning, with special focus on adoption and when necessary development of adaptation plans;
- Introduction of robust domestic emissions monitoring, reporting and verification frameworks;
- Mainstreaming climate in other sectors, interinstitutional awareness and sectoral guidelines for the implementation of the Paris Agreement;
- Increased mobilization of climate finance.
- Finalized or up-dated nationally determined contributions and national strategies;
- Established concrete sectoral guidelines for the implementation of the Paris Agreement in Belarus;
- Established and/or strengthened MRV system, getting on track with Paris Agreement transparency requirements (the component is implemented within the UNDP/GEF project “Capacity Building for Emission Trading and Strengthened of Measurement, Reporting and Verification in the Republic of Belarus”);
- Developed recommendations on alignment of the policy of the Republic of Belarus with EU climate acquis on climate change mitigation and adaptation matters;
- Improved inter-institutional awareness and coordination at the political and technical level of the Paris Agreement and the corresponding national commitments;
- Increased mobilization of climate finance;
- Adoption of national and/or sectoral adaptation plans.
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
United Nations Development Programme
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
On the Path Towards an Equitable Digital Future
Harnessing innovation and technology for gender equality and women empowerment is instrumental for bridging digital divide.
Championing an Inclusive Cleaning Business
A small social enterprise supports women employment along with improving care services for people with disabilities in the regions.
Trendy and Useful
A small company in Orsha, Belarus creates clothing line helping to ease life for children with autism, attention deficit and hyperactivity.
The Story of One Plastic Bottle
The story of the Bottle showed one possible solution for sustainable plastic waste management. If disposed to a separate waste container, recycling will unlikely ...