The regional EU4Climate project helps governments in six EU Eastern Partner countries - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine in implementing the Paris Agreement and improving climate policies and legislation.
The project goal
Integration of low-emissions and climate resilience objectives into development policies and plans in the Republic of Belarus promoting economic diversity.
National Implementing Partner
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus
European Union (EU)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Project start in Belarus
- Implementation and update of the Nationally Determined Contribution to the Paris Agreement;
- Development of Long-Term Low GHG Emission Development Strategies;
- Development of recommendations on alignment of the policy of the Republic of Belarus with EU climate acquison climate change mitigation and adaptation matters;
- Adaptation planning, with special focus on adoption and when necessary development of adaptation plans;
- Introduction of robust domestic emissions monitoring, reporting and verification frameworks;
- Mainstreaming climate in other sectors, interinstitutional awareness and sectoral guidelines for the implementation of the Paris Agreement;
- Increased mobilization of climate finance.
- Finalized or up-dated nationally determined contributions and national strategies;
- Established concrete sectoral guidelines for the implementation of the Paris Agreement in Belarus;
- Established and/or strengthened MRV system, getting on track with Paris Agreement transparency requirements (the component is implemented within the UNDP/GEF project “Capacity Building for Emission Trading and Strengthened of Measurement, Reporting and Verification in the Republic of Belarus”);
- Developed recommendations on alignment of the policy of the Republic of Belarus with EU climate acquis on climate change mitigation and adaptation matters;
- Improved inter-institutional awareness and coordination at the political and technical level of the Paris Agreement and the corresponding national commitments;
- Increased mobilization of climate finance;
- Adoption of national and/or sectoral adaptation plans.
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
United Nations Development Programme
DELIVERY IN PREVIOUS YEARS
Conference "On the way towards sustainable future: the ESG challenge"
Приветственное обращение Армена Мартиросяна, исполняющего обязанности Постоянного представителя ПРООН в Беларуси у участникам Конференции "На пути к устойчивому б...
Why Environmental Youth Volunteering Is at the Forefront of the Local Green and Inclusive Development?
Environmental volunteering is an essential aspect of community development and is key to promoting environmental knowledge and green skills among the youth. It al...
Boosting Up Energy Efficiency in Belarus’ Small-Town Housing Sector
The combination of energy efficient technologies and green education saves energy costs and reduces CO2 emissions in housing sector.