- Highly flexible and fully customisable
- Because it is open-source, Moodle can be customised in any way and tailored to individual needs. Its modular set up and interoperable design allows developers to create plugins and integrate external applications to achieve specific functionalities.
- Extend what Moodle does by using freely available plugins and add-ons.
- From a few students to millions of users, Moodle can be scaled to support the needs of both small classes and large organisations. Because of its flexibility and scalability, Moodle has been adapted for use across education, business, non-profit, government, and community contexts.
- Committed to safeguarding data security and user privacy, security controls are constantly being updated and implemented in Moodle development processes and software to protect against unauthorised access, data loss and misuse. Moodle can be easily deployed on a private secure cloud or server for complete control.
- Moodle is web-based and so can be accessed from anywhere in the world. With a default mobile-compatible interface and cross-browser compatibility, content on the Moodle platform is easily accessible and consistent across different web browsers and devices.
- Access extensive Moodle documentation and user forums in multiple languages, free content and courses shared by Moodle users across the world, as well as hundreds of plugins contributed by a large global community.