Flagship Event of the UNDP Global Centre Singapore, on the sidelines of World Cities Summit 2022
(Past Event) Digital for a Green Recovery
July 21, 2022
02 August 2022
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm (SGT)
Rooms 5102-5103, Sands Expo & Convention Centre, 10 Bayfront Ave, Singapore 018956
We are delighted to invite you to our flagship event – Digital for a Green Recovery – at the World Cities Summit 2022, Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Singapore, on 2nd August 2022, between 3.00pm to 5.00pm (registration starts at 2.45pm).
COVID-19 offers a glimpse of what is coming, but it is also an opportunity for change. The pandemic has resulted in an unprecedented shock to human development, and highlighted how planetary and social imbalances reinforce each other. It has also highlighted that we need a ‘green recovery’ – to transform how we live, work, and play, and to drive a new era of sustainable development. Digital will be a key tool in this transition.
Join us in-person to hear from global innovation leaders about how:
- 📱 Digital – if applied thoughtfully, inclusively, and sustainably – can ensure that people and the planet prosper together
- 🌏 Countries can leverage digital products and services for sustainable and resilient development
- 📢 Digital and other solutions are transforming traditional development trajectories, for small and large states
- 🤝 Innovative partnerships – from local to global contexts – are making truly inclusive progress happen
- Aaron Maniam, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Communications and Information, Government of Singapore
- Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer, City Developments Limited
- Gary Loh, Founder and CEO, DiMuto
- Genevieve Ding, Head of Sustainability Policy, Asia-Pacific and Japan, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Dr Ming Tan, Founding Executive Director, Tech for Good Institute
- PeiChin Tay, Policy Lead (Digital Government Unit), Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- H.E. Priit Turk, Ambassador of Estonia to Singapore and ASEAN
- Riad Meddeb, Director (ad interim), UNDP Global Centre for Technology, Innovation and Sustainable Development
- XinYi Lim, Executive Director, Sustainability and Agricultural Impact, Pinduoduo
- Jessica Cheam, Founder and Managing Director, Eco-Business
Master of Ceremonies
- Vivian Lim, Lead Curator, TEDxSingapore
Register now as a ‘Trade Visitor’ to gain complimentary access to our event, as well as the World City Summit expo and site visits.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
— The UNDP Global Centre team