UNDP Cabo Verde Accelerator Lab
The UNDP Cabo Verde Accelerator Lab addresses development challenges in three areas: tourism, the blue economy and digital transformation.
Based on research and information collected about the reality of our country, taking into account the country strategic plan and knowing the challenges of Small Island Developing States, the UNDP Accelerator Lab in Cabo Verde has identified three main areas of intervention as enablers for sustainable development:
• Tourism, one of the main economic sectors and source of income in the country was severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic;
• The Blue Economy, recognizing the great potential of the maritime economy and the importance of protecting ocean health and coastal areas; and
• Digital Economy, to stimulate the adoption of technology and digital solutions to support value chains and inclusive digital transformation.
Our portfolio in 2020 at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Citizens Feedback
- Waste Management CI in clean beaches
- Lab Open Days online innovation forums
- COMVIDA Platform
- Business Platform NEGOCIA
- Tourism Recovery Landing page
- Served by Drones
- ReInventa Turismo 2020 online Hackathon
In 2021 we are following challenges in the blue economy, informal markets and reforestation
We would like to thank our partners for their collaborative work with the UNDP Accelerator Labs. Building and strengthening alliances is the core of UNDP and the Accelerator Labs’ model. Please reach out if you are interested in partnering with us, we would love to hear from you.