UNDP Annual Report 2005: A Time for Bold AmbitionPublished on 27 May 2005 48 Pages
In 2005, major funding changes were secured for UNDP, with total resources significantly increasing from US$2.4 billion in 2000 to $4 billion in 2004. The year 2005 offered world leaders a unique opportunity to take decisive action at the United Nations Summit to review the Millennium Declaration and ensure the Millennium Development Goals are achieved by 2015, especially at country level. This report summarizes UNDP’s activities during 2005 in the areas of poverty reduction, democratic governance, crisis prevention and recovery, and environment and energy.
- In 2004, Capacity 2015, a UNDP initiative that works with local partners in individual communities toward achieving the MDGs, debuted its “Information Learning Network”.
- In 2004, UNDP worked with policy makers in examining guidelines for the deployment of skilled teachers, medical staff, agricultural experts and other vital members of civil services.
Download this Document
- Full Report English
- The Most Noble Endeavour English
- 2015: Ten Years to Change the World English
- The UN Millenium Project: A Practical Plan to Achieve the MDGs English
- Monitoring Progress, Mapping Future Directions English
- Seizing Opportunities English
- Capacity Development: Where Transformation Begins English
- Knowledge: A World of Shared Solutions English
- Partnerships: Collective Efforts for a Common Cause English
- Advocacy: Making the Case for Change English
- A Renewal of Global Trust English
- UNDP: A Better Business of Development English
- Resources English