UNDP Annual Report 2005: A Time for Bold Ambition
In 2005, major funding changes were secured for UNDP, with total resources significantly increasing from US$2.4 billion in 2000 to $4 billion in 2004. The year 2005 offered world leaders a unique opportunity to take decisive action at the United Nations Summit to review the Millennium Declaration and ensure the Millennium Development Goals are achieved by 2015, especially at country level. This report summarizes UNDP’s activities during 2005 in the areas of poverty reduction, democratic governance, crisis prevention and recovery, and environment and energy.
- In 2004, Capacity 2015, a UNDP initiative that works with local partners in individual communities toward achieving the MDGs, debuted its “Information Learning Network”.
- In 2004, UNDP worked with policy makers in examining guidelines for the deployment of skilled teachers, medical staff, agricultural experts and other vital members of civil services.
Download this Document
- Full Report
- The Most Noble Endeavour
- 2015: Ten Years to Change the World
- The UN Millenium Project: A Practical Plan to Achieve the MDGs
- Monitoring Progress, Mapping Future Directions
- Seizing Opportunities
- Capacity Development: Where Transformation Begins
- Knowledge: A World of Shared Solutions
- Partnerships: Collective Efforts for a Common Cause
- Advocacy: Making the Case for Change
- A Renewal of Global Trust
- UNDP: A Better Business of Development